Fabulous garden feeders and feeding birds

Its not nice times for all of us, reserves closed, many having to go into self isolation and much more.

James, may I apologise first, with your intended house move now on hold and all your feeders taken down in preparation, I do feel for you.

I know a good many of the community members are now concentrating more on their garden birds and feeders, and I was sort of hoping that a thread dedicated to the current situation may help to take some of the sting away.

Birds, and even mammals, particularly squirrels, will frequent our feeders to get their nutrients, and some take interesting chances to get their feed, so ~I thought starting a thread where all can share their photos may just put some cheer back in the world.

An articulate magpie after a coconut half....

And lastly, a blackbird trying to get on to a feeder, almost managing  it, but not quite!

Stay safe folks, and please feel free to share, no matter how good the quality is, lets bring a smile back to this world.

• Hope your ok Mike!...
    Woody looking rather slender compared to mines!
    Nice pics and commentary.

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Linda257 said:
    Hope your ok Mike!...
    Woody looking rather slender compared to mines!
    Nice pics and commentary.

Our woopies (its our pet name for wood pigeons, keeping woody for woodpeckers) are very active, constantly flying around, walking, no, make that waddling, and the males forever chasing the females, who are forever running and flying away, seem to get plenty of exercise....

Apart from a nasty headache for a couple of days, and the fact I bashed one of my big lenses into a wall, (taking a chunk of plaster out at the same time), which is now well and truly trashed (replacement due around the weekend), I'm fine now.

• Michael B said:
    Apart from a nasty headache for a couple of days, and the fact I bashed one of my big lenses into a wall, (taking a chunk of plaster out at the same time), which is now well and truly trashed (replacement due around the weekend), I'm fine now.

So sorry to hear about your recent accident Mike but glad you are feeling fine now     It certainly jolts the system when you suffer a sudden trip/ fall and now more pain incurred by damaging the big lens :(       As long as it's only the wall in plaster  !         Good luck with replacement lens, hope it was insured. 

Regards, Hazel 

• Its one of the many post accident physical issues I've learned to accept so I can move on.

It's not the first time I've taken a tumble, not will it be the last. However, it was the first time I've damaged anything, and hoping it will be the last.

But being realistic, "never say never"....

• Jeezo...least the lense took the brunt of it...I bet Mrs aint too happy about the wall lol
    Glad your ok now

• Not a lot to add from yesterday, the garden was quiet, the feeders even this morning are still full!

However, there was one blackbird, that  was grub hunting, and managed to find a caterpillar....

• Now I know why we're not seeing many butterflies, the blackbirds are eating all the caterpillars!

Going in for the kill...

Gotcha

Time now to parade my trophy....

• More caterpillars meeting their demise from our resident blackbird....

And another spider meets its demise from one of our resident robins,,,,

And this spadger, I initially thought  was eating shoots...

Until I cropped an image, and noticed small insects on the leaves. They're small, but you will notice some darker blobs on the underside of the leaf the spadger is pecking at.

• Omitted from the previous posting, a great tit enjoying the nugget slab...

One I missed, a blackbird taking a flying leap up to a nugget feeder....

• Some very nice shots Mike...love the Robin and the spider