Female Kingfisher and Water Rail in an urban park

Yesterday I visited a small urban park to meet up with the local celebrities. The first of which was a Water Rail which is spending the winter in a patch of reeds about 10 foot square  . The second celebrity is a female Kingfisher who keeps visiting for the stickle backs. As you can see she is not too disturbed by humans, often merely flying across the pool whenever they come too close - many of them never even notice her. As usual its one or two photographers who just need to get a little bit closer who are the real nuisances. I also managed to catch a Goldcrest, Long Tailed Tit and a Dunnock.

m

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• You did well there Bob despite others getting in the way, fabulous shots of the Kingie and the Water Rail, reflections too, lovely.

Lot to learn

• Great captures Bob, not heard from you lately, hope you are well?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Nice to hear from you again Bob, with the usual excellent photo's and even a drop of sunshine! Lovely!!
  • Nice to see you posting again Bob; a lovely set of photos and special sightings; pity the one or two thoughtless people have to spoil the enjoyment for the rest. The bird books are going to have to be rewritten on the Rails if they continue to parade in the open like the one you saw and others seen at LM and Pennington Flash lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Welcome back, Bob, gorgeous photos as usual--thanks. Those are two very brave birds, the Rail and Kingie. They must be taking lessons from the Minsmere Bitterns and LM Rails! As others have said, hope you are well.
    Stay well, Everyone.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Great to catch all those in a local park.

Nige   Flickr

• Very nice pictures Bob, I have still yet to see a Kingfisher so am not jealous in the slightest...honestly!!!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    Great captures Bob, not heard from you lately, hope you are well?

Well enough in myself thank you though various family issues and losing my 93 year old father at the beginning of March have had their effect.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• Sorry to hear of your father's passing Bob; sad and difficult to deal with. I lost a close friend just less than a month ago, she died on my birthday :( even more testing times ahead for us all so stay well.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    Sorry to hear of your father's passing Bob; sad and difficult to deal with. I lost a close friend just less than a month ago, she died on my birthday :( even more testing times ahead for us all so stay well.

Thank you and stay safe.

----------

Cheers,

Bob