A couple of Titch

He had been away a week and I was getting concerned (as you do) then coming back from a walk there he was in the clematis as bold as brass

After being away for a week I was starting to wonder........as you do 

I think this is his fourth year that he has been visiting

No female yet this year, he did last year and was in and out collecting food in what I called his fast mode,  zooming in and out without so much as a thank you!

So hopefully this next visitor from this morning will not be too regular

Very laid back Sprawk in the back garden,

Smart looking bird

Good to see but not too often:-)

Going out now for dinner, better make the most of it in case they lock us over 70's away for a few months!!!!!

• Can't you just buy a tomato? They have seeds that are notorious for still growing even after they've been eaten!! Not that I'm suggesting you go that far.
    PS Can you tell I'm not a gardener?
  • LOL, Nigel, desperate times need desperate measures, etc., and we might try that (preferably planting them straight from the tomato rather than what you said!), we still have 4 of them, but another helpful forumate has sent me a link for somewhere from where we can order tomato plants and other things! Coincidentally, Mr GB had been studying that same site regarding fruit trees so we'll most likely be ordering from them very soon.
  • I grew some nice toms last year, but they were in a plastic greenhouse, which I took down in a hurry when the wind nearly blew it away. Very tasty.
    Ann I saw Titch the other evening when in a different field behind the house, he came over to me and I had no pastry in my pocket, he was following me back down the lane but another lady came walking her dog, luckily I was still in the field so well away, but Titch of course flew off. So tonight I made sure I had some pastry with me and set off in the hope of seeing him. Lo and behold (as someone would say!) there he was singing from the top of a tree. I called him and down he came, I am so privileged that after all this time he seems to recognise me, or maybe it is Sue.
  • Oh, Gaynor, glad you saw Titch! Nothing like a little friend to cheer you up!
  • Unknown said:
    Have any spares?--

Am sure I will have too many for my needs ... PM me!

• Unknown said:
    Can't you just buy a tomato

Of course I can Nige but takes away the fun & interest of growing one's own which always taste better than store bought ... other passion which tastes great, runner beans!

• Sounds like an enviable relationship you have with dear little Tich Gaynor, my garden Robin often appears when I am outside but doesn't hand feed, saw courtship feeding briefly the other day, always taking suet pellets & flying off with them! Must get some waxworms delivered !