A couple of Titch

He had been away a week and I was getting concerned (as you do) then coming back from a walk there he was in the clematis as bold as brass

After being away for a week I was starting to wonder........as you do 

I think this is his fourth year that he has been visiting

No female yet this year, he did last year and was in and out collecting food in what I called his fast mode,  zooming in and out without so much as a thank you!

So hopefully this next visitor from this morning will not be too regular

Very laid back Sprawk in the back garden,

Smart looking bird

Good to see but not too often:-)

Going out now for dinner, better make the most of it in case they lock us over 70's away for a few months!!!!!

• Unknown said:
    we cannot entirely avoid other people--need to buy food occasionally,

At long last one of the supermarkets (maybe others will do the same) have seen sense and are allowing the over 70's to have priority to shop for first hour of opening - although in many cases it means 7am till 8am  !!    Sundays 11am for one hour for those sleepy heads   lol        They appear to be also reserving home delivery slots for the most vulnerable too which is good to hear.  Limits are now coming more into force so there should be a greater share of goods for all.       Stay well forumates.    

• Thanks, Hazel, hope you, Mike and others on this forum stay well. Not sure of its origin but I remember being told about an old curse, 'May you live in interesting times.' Wonder who cursed the whole world this time!
  • If you are referring to Sainsburys aitch then be aware there are no delivery or click& collect slots  available for the coming weeks ... beats me how they can claim to be making provision for us old folk but can't fulfil ... am I missing something?

• Not sure from where the original quote originated, but the character played by Donald Sutherland in the film 'Disclosure' uses it in a speech towards the end of the movie.

• Hi Wendy, yes it was Sainsbury's and disappointed to hear there are no slots; doesn't make sense after their statement ! Maybe it's a glitch and they are reorganising things, let's hope we don't have to wait two months for refuelling of the fridge lol
  • I don't shop online - yet - but my brother-in-law couldn't get his slot last week, you would think it would be quieter here in rural Anglesey!!! I heard today that Iceland are opening the doors for us oldies for an hour or so earlier. Don't really use Iceland too much but it could come in handy if the other shops sell out. Surely it will start to slow down soon, the shopping I mean, people can't keep filling up their trolleys and their houses can they????!!!!!
  • Interesting, Paul. I had presumed it was possibly an ancient religious curse, but that is pure speculation.
    Hope you are well--worrying times we live in.
  • Just found this on google ... "May you live in interesting times" is an English expression which purports to be a translation of a traditional Chinese curse. Wikipedia
  • Knew the Chinese would be to blame.....lol
  • Ha, ha, Wendy and Gaynor, and here I thought it might have been an old Jewish curse because my very favourite one is from them: 'May radishes grow in your belly button!' Please be advised I've never used it and am not using it now!