In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Clare Bailey said:
    I'll happily confess that I like wood pigeons, partly because they are so tender and affectionate when they do pair up.

All creatures have their part to play in the ecology of life.

Its us (those here on the forum excepted) as a species that create the problem.

• Its that time again for a wee update fae ma garden...3 new outbuildings ...well it helps fill the garden lol

More storage..can never have enough!

new baby summerhouse...all mine for my morning coffee ...

and a solar cabin (aka potting shed)...oh thats also mine...well canny have another year growing seed in the house 

Rightbwell as you can see thats whats kept me busy for past month or so, rest of the garfen still a working progress.

Anyways now for some of my birds that visit when they got peace to do so lol

they are always looking for a new launch pad!

and a flyby of geese?

and RRB shouting thats all for now...be back soon

Hope you all enjoyed  the wee catch up ;-)

• My you have been a busy bee in the garden, now did you build all those or was it hubby! True enough you can never have enough space, plenty storage in that new shed. Now as for the new coffee room, you can have a Coffee Morning in there, never mind just you sitting all alone! What a lovely new potting shed, very posh! You will get lots in there and lots of sunshine and heat, so get the bikini ready for next year for in between potting seeds! Joy A beautiful set of birdies glad they are still making an appearance. Hugging

EDIT, Did you just resize those photos or are my eyes playing tricks on me?!

• Great to see all the bird activity in your garden Linda and oh my goodness, how useful all those additional outbuildings will be; I can already see the plans for new seedlings and cuttings and somewhere to store all the bird food LOL A lovely update and photos, thanks.

• Lovely outbuildings Linda,, I can just see the one being ready for adorning with feeders and of course many birds hanging from them, the summerhouse is fabulous, o'h the hours of good fun you could have in there perusing the bird activity around the garden, you have been very busy and it looks just right for plenty of photos for us to look over next year. Glad to see the local birds are happy to see the changes and we are happy to see them again too.
  • Lovely to see you posting again, Linda, lovely bird photos and congratulations on the new buildings in the back garden--how exciting for you to have them! Does your Hubby have his own shed as well? Or is his shed the old garden building...or has it gone? I'm with you--in an ideal world we would each have our own personal garden buildings--lol! However, we will be starting with a jointly-owned one--mainly to have a cuppa with friends in the garden any time of the year in a space which is not inside the house (or out in the weather!). Ours will have two adjacent walls of mostly windows and two walls with smaller high windows--we can have ventilation from any direction. It is not due to go up until April or May, unfortunately. On the other hand, we need the time to prepare the area where it will go, removing the wonky paving slabs and one tatty, small tree, before the experts arrive to lay a proper foundation before the building goes up. We will plant another tree elsewhere, should you be worried about us removing one! The building will also be handy as an alternative space for watching the birds in the garden. Well, that's the plan, it remains to be seen what transpires...
  • What a lovely variety and such good choices to share with us! Gave me a laugh and a smile so thank you very very much :)
  • That's looking good Linda, and nice to see your feathered friends again :o) Thanks for sharing
  • Thanks CL...nah neither me nor hubby built them we just had to do the hard work of preparing the ground and base...on a very sloping garden!! It's a perfect escape for a bit of me time...like right now lol. Bikini aye right lol...the bird would disappear for good...can't wait to get potting up but gotta create a path from house up to it.40 bags of stones are awaiting at side of house....
    Yeah sorry I did resize after posting as I like to make sure It accepts them 1st so your eyes are fine ;-)
  • Thanks Hazel am glad the birds have stuck around with us being in the garden annoying them most of the time lol...seeds are all bought ..cutting eh not something I have tried..yet!... hopefully less birdfood shall be needed as plenty berries and beasties around the garden