In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Linda, Not sure I completely follow--do you mean that 2 people (your neighbours each side?!) complained about the pigeons visiting your garden? (Just as they did ages ago?) Or complained about you feeding any of the birds? Were you and all of your neighbours issued a notice to stop feeding birds? By what right? Some folk need to have the facts of life explained to them, and I don't mean the birds and the bees but things like, for instance, that there is the small matter of the entire world being in the middle of a pandemic, and that poverty, racism, terrorism, genocide and misogyny are popping up everywhere and they are worried about bird poo?! And furthermore, you, Linda, really should be far more careful and exacting when training totally wild pigeons--everyone knows that--lol! And make sure they only fertilise your garden, not your neighbours' gardens, for goodness sake!

• Hi Ann, yes same 2 neighbours as last time on either side of me that complained to the council last year aswell . As you can see I  leeter below it starts of with the feeding of birds then swiftly moves to the pigeons...poor pigeons lol

Thanks for making  me laugh Ann x

• Happy to give you a bit of a laugh, Linda; that letter is awful--sorry, but I cannot bring myself to 'like' it! Best of luck in dealing with this. Shame that at least one of the neighbours isn't nicer...
  • We were talking to our son and his partner last night, and they have in their newbuild agreement clauses to stop feeding wildlife, among many other things seen as supporting nature!

They're not to allow gaps in the fences, because "animals could escape from their enclosed property into adjoining gardens" was the wording used. No enticement for hedgehogs in that para....

They're not allowed to plant shrubs, but garden flowers are permitted!

It goes on......

What a desperate country we're in!

• Mike, That is terrible! Your son or someone there should be bombarding whoever runs their housing group, and their local council, all of the available information about hedgehogs, how their numbers have drastically declined and how everyone ought to be cutting small holes in the bottom of their fences to allow hedgehogs to come and go freely! And they cannot plant any shrubs? What about trees?! That is just atrocious.

• Unknown said:

Mike, That is terrible! Your son or someone there should be bombarding whoever runs their housing group, and their local council, all of the available information about hedgehogs, how their numbers have drastically declined and how everyone ought to be cutting small holes in the bottom of their fences to allow hedgehogs to come and go freely! And they cannot plant any shrubs? What about trees?! That is just atrocious.

When signing a new house contract, that is the agreement you sign up to. When signing a not new build house contract of sale, you generally buy the property based on what you see and the results of the various surveys undertaken.

The ironic thing is, that stays with the title deeds for the rest of the property life, and many conveyancing solicitors will give a light-hearted resume of that criteria, though after an unspecified period of time, how many houses still adhere to the original title deed criteria!

Not many.

Our previous house, and current house, have criteria defined in the title deeds, that haven't been honoured for decades (long before we moved in), like no fences, all gardens must have trimmed hedges no higher that three feet (being very pre WW2 houses, metres weren't used).

When we bought our second house, it had six foot fence one side and a six foot hedge the other.....

• Just a little update from the gaarden as some of you may know me and hubby have been tackling it ourselves, so what was once a very boggy  area and everything I planted infront of the bare fence struggled to survive is now......

and I can even enjoy sitting in the morning  having my coffee with a little privacy here

and during lockdown I planted lots of seed and created an indoor forest lol which i was finally glad to get outside so I could see out my windows again! Theybare all in there somewhere

Thats all our hard work for now...time for a few birdie pics

Lots of noisy BBs

also some colour in the garden now

Well thats all for now . Plenty more to do in the garden and my huge Bay Tree Bushes have still not arrived sadly...I may need to find alternatives but am sure we will find something...eventually

Hope you are all safe and well and although am not posting often am still lurking about and enjoying all the going ons.

Take care all

• That's all looking fab Linda, hard work certainly pays off!
  • Garden's looking lovely Linda and bushes/flowers already attracting the bees and I can see myself enjoying a coffee on the terrace listening to the sound of gentle running water ! Plenty of birds to view including the two crows who look just a tad too innocient to believe LOL Great update and well done creating such a wildlife haven.

@ Mike, we truly sympathise with you receiving the letter from the local authority about feeding birds and your son where covenants on his lease seem to have lost all sense and reasoning.     We're still battling to uphold terms of the lease on our new build apartment as the builder (landlord) is looking the other way leaving us no option but to use solicitors at enormous and ever increasing expense to ourselves who are the innocent party in all of this,  in order to enforce a clear breach of covenent by one neighbour below us.   Long story involving builder trying to sell an unpopular plot by an unlawful breaching of their own lease and a fight we had no alternative but to take on in order to uphold the terms of the lease and which is still ongoing, hence my absence from forum as I continue to drown in paperwork -   the word stress doesn't quite cover it but we are determined to see it through as you can be sure one breach will lead to others if permitted  :(      Sometimes,  the little person has to stand their ground against the big boys when they are blasé enough to think they can get away with illegalities !