In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Nice to see the lollipops are still regular visitors, and the goldcrest seems to be a new regular visitor. Thumbsup

• Sunshine and a snowy garden and some lovely pickies to go with them. All the birdies look to be fluffed up to keep them warm, don't blame them. We had a good shower of hail and some swirly snow Friday night, nothing more on Saturday but overnight a good fall again. Went to go out a walk yesterday and the rhone on the garage wall was overflowing water into a pot, that was to the brim, the poor spring bulbs are up about 2 inches, so went to investigate. The water in the rhone was frozen solid, (it does not run out fully, needs re aligned, job for hubby in the spring) about 2" thick, had to break it in pieces to get it out. The falling snow and melting snow from the garage roof was sitting on top of this iceberg and at that particular part there is a bracket with two clips which had come undone, hence the water running out at the bracket. I had a hose to push the water along the now emptied rhone, so up and down a ladder and moving along the wall, half way along I left the hose hooked over the top of the ladder, to save time, it did not pay off as it came flying off hit the path and cracked at the back end of the hose head and there was a jet stream of water ******* out all over me, my gloves were soaking, hat kept coming off with bending up and down, scarf wet, coat drenched. Job completed, ladder cleaned and away, rhone now fixed, I came in, all the garb onto  the radiator and coat hung up. Well I did get my excercise but not as I had planned. Told the tale to hubby who said, yes I did see you at the side doing something!!!!

• Aww poor you CL..Hope you have finally dried off and had a wee hot cuppa. My ponds are frozen everyday all day now...so am constanlty trying to break a hole for the birds...roll on spring!!! Getting scunnered of the average -7°!!!
  • Oh dear CL, hope you have recovered from your drenching and sitting back with a nice relaxing cup of tea - or better still some Highland Whisky !
  • Indeed I have recoverd and I am having some Catihness Whisky Liquor. We had the traditional Burn's night Haggis, Neeps and Tatties for dinner and a lovely local Stroma Liquor. Stroma is a small island just out in the Pentland Firth and a distillery in Wick, one of the two main towns in Caithness makes their own Pulteney Whisky and this Liquor, very yummy, but I need a small drop of water added, I know sacrilege, but it takes the heat off!

Sorry Linda for kinda hijacking your thread! Disappointed relieved

• My thread is for everyone to share what they wish CL Wink
    Following your burns theme ,we didnt have the dinner but my youngest had to write a peom then turn it into scottish slang for Higher English today...well at 9am this morning and my brain wasnt quite switched on but I was in histerics listening to him trying to read some burns poems...hes no familiar with slang never mind burns slang JoyJoyJoy
  • The gentle giant was called into action today

To clean up a spillage

No bother at all!

Be mostly sleet today so birdies a wee tad drenched

Foxy looking healthy first thing this morning

• The gentle giant sure is scoffing up those peanuts! Maggie is hanging onto the coconut shell in case it goes somewhere! Nice set Linda, thanks.
  • Lovely photos Linda, nice to see foxy again and the wonderful variety of garden birds; Siskins are a bonus and always good to see the pretty female Chaffie.