In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Whatever next????? Deer and now a baby Robin, I'm emigrating to Scotland pronto:-) Fabulous pics Linda.
  • Thanks to everyone for the photos and comments.
    Linda, Congratulations on seeing the deer and good luck with your newly-bought plants! Hope it does not return for regular feasts. Deer are very agile and probably can leap over 6-foot fences. Your photos reminded me of our birding friends in Alaska--they have Moose leaping their fences, into and out of their back garden, and pruning their shrubs in the dead of winter.

• lol....Thanks Gaynor...no need to lift lockdown am happy where I am lol
  • Thanks Ann, Thank goodness the trees are right round the back of the fence so not really any way of it running and leaping other than into a leylandii...that would be a great sight to see it come flying through them lol
  • Linda257 said:
    no need to lift lockdown

I'm sorry, Linda, but your glorious leader seems to think you can go out and do stuff from next Thursday!

• PimperneBloke said:
    glorious leader

lol thanks PB I nearly choked on my biscuit...I have many better words for her!!

Oh yes i can go fishing (i can do that in my pond)

i can play golf (i can drive a few balls over the fence)

bowling? (am not old enough for that! ...yet!!)

Like any sensible person actually listens to her!!

• So after finally getting rid of the mad mob (Starling Army) yesterday...I had to remove all feeders except seeds and peanut ones just to gain back control of MY own garden and to give my little feathered friends some peace to have a bath and some food.

So if you are not partial to coal tits I would stop reading now

It was lovely spending a couple of hours just watching them collect food as you will see in my pic overload

Enough I hear you say lol

Well I did manage to get a few other visitors...nothing new this time though lol

And then there was a meeting...so whats the plan guys

when your trying to get away with the last bit of suet!!!

oh hello there

even the fox knows not to touch my plants!

Well that was another humdrum day in my garden...oh except that wee cutie baby Robin which was the highlight.

Hope you all enjoyed as today its blowing a gale and rain!

So take care and I will hopefully be back soon with more babies!

• Linda257 said:
    control of MY own garden

What ever gave you the idea it was your garden Linda?

Lovely pics again and you're so lucky to have such a range of species ThumbsupGrinning

• Oh you must be scunnered stuck in the house today PB if your reading my post at this time lol...or did you sneak out early lol
    Thanks PB, Very true...its a community garden lol a social hub for all wildlife..
  • Sun's just come out, so I think I'll go for a wander to the river. Bit windy so may not be much about, but we'll see :o)