Sparrowhawk V Squirrel

So drinking my coffee this morning while watching my routine garden visitors flying about the garden....robins chasing each other....blackbirds darting about the ground , all the little tits and finches tucking into breakfast and the squirrel attempting to climb the pole only to keep sliding back down it (very amusing for me), but he soon gave up and went for the easier option of the suet pellets/peanuts on my window feeder . He looks at me as if can she she me? I wont move just incase.....we play this game all the time until I usually walk away and give him peace to eat, however as i was walking away I noticed the garden had gone silent......can you spot the hunter?

I spent the next thirty minutes taking lots of pictures and videos of the Sparrowhawk (Juvenile I think).

It just sat looking all around , stsnding on one foot mostly!, while the crows were in the trees cawing like mad and the squirrel just carried on stuffing his cheeks....

suddenly out the corner of my eye I saw the squirrel jumping along the top of the fence towards the Sparrowhawk as if it never saw it or it was being brave.....or stupid...

Sparra flapped a wing after a tense 5 seconds and the squirrel flew down the side of the fence and into the neighbours garden so am guessing the squirrel was just blind on approach Joy

what a joy to witness 

and to be able to watch such a beautiful bird for so long...made my day Blush