The Day Off, After Seven Straight

I'll admit, I had withdrawal symptoms.... both from not posting, and from not clicking. The weather forecast was "changeable" (which means likely to be rubbish, but you never know your luck, or we ain't got a clue what it's going to be like, depending on your level on cynicism!)

I decided to have a garden day, so filled the feeders, did a few bits and pieces around the house, then sat at the back door to see what came along. The answer was loads of regulars, finches, blackbirds, tits, the male pheasant, a fly-by of a buzzard being harassed by all the local corvids, jackdaws.....

At that point I was getting hungry, so made some lunch, and after as the wind had picked up and it was a little chilly, I took a few shots through the glass...

I very rarely see blackbirds on the feeders, and never before on the suet one

The Jackdaw landed on the rail of the decking, barely 8 feet away

Surprisingly a singular lollipop arrived for a couple of minutes

And finally the coal tit sat still long enough for me to snap

So now I have snapped away, and posted I feel all is right with the world :o)

EDIT Whilst the SD card was still in the computer, 2 more LTT's turned up!

• What a good mix of garden birds and photos PB, nice to see the Greenfinches which have suffered with disease over the years. Always a delight to see the LTT's and little Coal Tit too. Thanks for brightening up a dull day !
  • Thanks Hazel, I don't often see greenfinches in the garden, hence the extra pics lol, and after I'd dismantled the camera 2 great tits came down to the feeders, bleedin' typical lol
  • Lovely to see all the garden regulars PB & you have a great selection there to keep you being a 'happy-snapper'
  • Aww looks like you had decent day for it PB and some lovely visitors aswell...what better way to lifts ones spirits! Would love to have a pheasant stop over in my garden! Wink
  • I was going to say "nice to have so many Greenfinches around" but you've already answered that one! I never expected Blackbirds to go to my fat ball feeder either, but I watched the male learn how to do it over a couple of weeks, from launching at it from the fence and trying to snatch something before he fell down, trying to hover and eventually learning how to hang on like a Starling. His mate watched, too, and so learnt quicker when she eventually tried it too.
  • Nice sunny day for a day off PB, with a good selection of garden visitors. Glad to see some one else suffers with Pheasants, we have 3 visiting and trample down all the plants & bulbs coming through, maybe let them fatten up in time for easter......
  • Lovely selection of garden visitors PB, aren't we all lucky to have all these birds visiting us, I wonder what they say to each other while eating our food:-) Your close-up of the Jackdaw is smashing through the window, you will have to come to Anglesey and clean my windows like that! The little Coal Tit is one of my favourite of the tit family, they don't seem to visit too much here these days so always lovely to see.