This little one tried to grab a few quiet mins for a bath

Had a look around to see if the coast was clear

Then in she went (well you always think of the Wren as a she somehow)

Sorry couldn't get her while properly in the basin

now the other side

This feature needs a good scrub come summer, but I tend to leave it these days for the wren etc to potter around picking up the various insects.

Bye for now

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• What a little beauty, really love the wrens and good to see her enjoying your water feature Gaynor. Lovely shots.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Oooops, somehow this posted on the wrong thread, tried to transfer but failed so redid it on the bathing birds only in small format.

Thanks Hazy, you picked it up so quickly!!!

Lot to learn

• Gosh, how lovely to see the Wren making the most of your water feature.
    We get the Tits & Sparrows bathing in our "bird-bath". It was left in the garden following work & consists of an old bucket filled with stones that the rain filled up with water. They adopted it & I just top of the water from time to time.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Thank Hazel, that particular little Wren seems to be found often perusing the ground around the feature, they always amuse me as they are so busy and cute.

Lot to learn

• Great capture Gaynor, endlessly fascinated at seeing Wrens!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Re-posted this on proper thread - don't know how it happened earlier but wouldn't post where I meant it to go.

Lot to learn

• Never mind, Gaynor. I expect most of us do not mind where lovely bird pics are posted; we just enjoy looking at them. Love the little Wren.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Cute little guy. I like your water feature - it looks very natural.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Ann and TJ, glad you like the water feature, it is definitely very natural these days:-) I don't know if it is just me but I like to see moss around the garden and the blackbirds just love it. Adds to the green grass I think!

Lot to learn

• I like & leave moss around too Gaynor ... Blackbirds love picking it over & others take it for nesting!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr