Time to venture out........

So after years of standing watching wildlife come and go in the garden and reading what all you lovely people writeand post about the great outdoors I thought it was about time to get on my boots , grab my camera and binoculars and jump in the car for a new adventure.....3 minute drive up the road to....yes its basically on my doorstep!

Sun was shining, carpark pretty busy but excited to see new things so I will need your help identifying what I saw ....

Looking up at the sky......a flock of???( sorry not  great pics)

plenty buzzards(I think) soaring around in the sunshine

Then hiding in the distance....(my other half said they look like kangeroos!)

Time to search the water......(looks like a fake duck to me )

Goldeneye I think!

Then a wander over to the river to hopefully see a kingfisher as I have never seen one but had no luck. 

Ended up taking lots of pics of this duck but no idea what it is...help please!

Back to dry land and some stunning scenery

Who knew there was life beyond my kitchen window. Can't wait to get back out to discover more of our wonderful world.

• Unknown said:
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mike, but I'm not qualified to run for office, not that I'd want to(!) and making no comment about some/many who do run or are already in office 'cuz sweary words are (rightly!) unwelcome on this forum.

You're welcome.

I'd question whether many of our politicians are qualified in anything, but that's probably a subject best left alone.

• So today I decided I was going to go out a walk as my daily exercise and dragged my 16 yr old with me for an eductional outing! We decided to go the walkway behind our house at the otherside of the school.

Well the sun was shining and we set off camera and water in the bag and as we got to the side of the school we we greeted with 2 song thrushes just sitting on the fence but I couldnt get the camera out quick enough because I had gloves on! Maybe they are my breeding thrushes. So  on down the path we saw....

GS chilling in a tree (could be one of my visitors)

Then down the hill towards the water....

Back over that hill is my home!

For a walkway it was pretty dull, littered , graffitied and the next thing that came to our attention was a bunt out car!

Begining to miss my garden already  but we carried on down to the river .

What a sorry sight it was, shopping trolleys, bikes, tyres to name only a few.

These are the only pictures I managed to take without litter in them.

And not even a bird in sight or sound!.....Then this very brave duck flew in as we were heading back .

The only thing that was nice was the viaduct as it was probably too high to deface!

And a train going over it.....

That was it we both had enough and headed back home disgusted with the state of what is meant to be a greenlink walkway!

I now appreciate my garden more than ever.

Now I understand why I get so much wildlife in my garden as they dont want to be down there!

• Can't stand litter, one of my pet hates. Such a beautiful area too Linda.
  • Pool C, Not sure if you've noticed, but this forum is based in the UK and although there are contributors from other countries including the USA, it is rather unlikely, under present circumstances and general dearth of flights, etc., that anyone here will be ordering pool cleaning from Louisiana, although I imagine many would be interested in seeing some photos of North American birds!