Sea view with added excitement

Quite rough out there, but these Wigeon? (am I right) are in the river sheltering

closer in

Rock Pipit maybe

Should have cropped the rope out probably

but just wanted to show you

First for me,  I had heard there was one around about a week ago so made my way down today and it didn't take too much finding - they sort of stand out don't they

Now I have seen the snow bunting on the Forum with a number of friends, but this is on it's own unless the Pipit was keeping an eye on it.

Wandering around feeding on the green seaweed quite happily, nice area for it to have found, plenty of shore to search along

I won't bore you with more, I took a few but sitting on a low wall started to get cold so headed for he car - very happy.

• Wow, you could never bore us with birds like that Gaynor, what lovely finds with Snow Bunting and think you are right with Rock Pipit, plus the lovely Wigeon; bet you were cock-a-hoop with your day's sightings. If I'd had a bit more time at the moment (instead of carpet and furniture shopping lol ) I may have ventured over to Kinmel Bay as I believe the Snow Buntings were there again. We are off to Leighton Moss for a couple of days this week - gotta take a break now and again !

• Lovely views to make a windy day that much more enjoyable. I've not seen many reports of Snow Buntings this year, so well done for finding that one.
  • Thanks Hazy and Nigel, yes I was so chuffed to see the Snow Bunting so nearbye, I had thought it would be out on the beach but there it was practically in front of The Ship (local pub and restaurant) should have called in to toast my success!! I wonder if any more will arrive, it is the breeding season after all. I didn't know they were over at Kinmel Bay Hazy, Never mind I'm contented now with just the one! Nigel it was sheltered in that corner as the wind was in the northwest, always good views of the surf and even better on a big tide at high water.
    Hazy I've just been talking to my son who is going over to Ireland for the match this weekend - he says the forcast is not good - so remember to take your thermals up to LM. lol
  • gaynorsl said:
    Hazy I've just been talking to my son who is going over to Ireland for the match this weekend - he says the forcast is not good - so remember to take your thermals up to LM. lol

LOL Gaynor,     not too bad for Thursday/Friday at Siverdale;    7 or 8 degrees during the day with sun on and off so fingers crossed !!   Saturday looks like rain until 9am but should get an hour or two in before returning back to Cheshire.      To be honest, we'll just be glad of a couple of days to chill out and feed those obliging robins  !!!        This rental property is lovely and toastie all the time and wearing T-shirts most of the day when indoors !        Hope your son enjoys the rugby match :)   England had a poor start :(

• Glad you're keeping warm Hazy, I wear two sweaters most of the time here! Could always turn up the thermostat I suppose. Hope the weather holds for you and you have some good sightings, It's funny but it always seems to be calm when Jon crosses the Irish sea on the way out but blows a hooligan when he returns, luckily he travels well. Should be a good game, you never can tell in the 6 Nations:-)
  • What a treasure in the Snow Bunting Gaynor, not seen one myself yet although there have been local sightings ... too much of a wuss to venture out in the cold winds!

• What a lovely set there Gaynor, I've not seen a snow bunting. That beach looks Hoooooooge…. where do you put your windbreak lol?
  • gaynorsl said:
    It's funny but it always seems to be calm when Jon crosses the Irish sea on the way out but blows a hooligan when he returns

Oooh,  just seen the forecast for weekend and it looks to be gales Saturday, Sunday so don't fancy being on a boat so hope there are no delays  !     Good luck to Jon and hope Wales win match :) 

• Thanks Wendy, PB and Bob, I didn't ever think I would get to see the Snow Bunting so when I heard it was so local I had to give it a go just in case........just shows you can be lucky sometimes. PB you made me laugh with the windbreak comment - Red Wharf Bay has to be one of the windiest beaches around, we get swept away with both onshore winds and offshore there, especially if you are out in the middle. We used to dig bait out there years ago so I know it quite well:-)
  • One thing is certain Hazy the lads will still travel over to Ireland whatever the forecast!!! They need to win to come back with smiles on their faces even if their stomachs are in their boots:(