Bird Count!!

Just having a look this afternoon in case more birds around than earlier on, only left the window in kitchen for a few minutes and came back to empty garden - aha - where is it -

Sneaky I thought

Hiding it's eye away from sight, could just be a pigeon up there!   Except for that talon.

Boo, well thanks very much, haven't seen a Sprawk for a good number of days, did you have to come today while I'm doing the count !

The garden stayed empty for a good half hour by which time it was about 4.00 and not many came back to feed before retiring.

Here are a couple from this morning also

Yes he's back, along with mate

and a little friend

All happily getting along together

Should have counted the starlings and gulls around the front field maybe:-)

• LOL Gaynor, typical that a Sparrowhawk turns up as you start the bird count ! Lovely photo captures and to see the bunnies keeping the blackbird company and all getting on together.
  • Thanks Hazy, it was a good thing I'd had a quick look this morning and had started writing them down, I was interrupted by family arriving as they do!!, so thought I would try again in the afternoon. Just as well I had seen the Blackcap earlier:-) Isn't it strange though, she came yesterday and today and I haven't seen one for yonks!