Goldcrest (and Dunnock)

I have heard Goldcrests in the holly tree for the past week or so. This morning I finally spotted them. It would appear that there are about 4. I got a few record shots. The Goldcrests don't keep still for long and I deleted a lot of awful pics! There was also a Dunnock in the pyracantha.

The leaves are nicely in focus!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Lovely ... lucky you!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I love the little birds, but like you, mostly get photos of very sharply focussed leaves rather than what I intend. They flit about so much, it's really tricky to fix on them....

But these pics are delightful - well done!
    Karen B Suffolk
  • Brilliant to have a Goldcrest in the garden, they are such beautiful little birds with those large round eyes and upside down smile ! Wondering if your bird is a female as can only see yellow in the crown stripe. Love the pretty Dunnocks too.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Fabulous photos MC. I have the holly bush but not a sign of even one Goldcrest let alone 4!!!How lucky you are, Nice to see see the Dunnock too, lovely little birds, tidy Spadgers I always think.

Lot to learn

• Goldcrests are always lovely to see but very tricky to catch on camera so great to get them in the garden ... especially if they're going to give you more opportunities to photograph them.

Nige   Flickr

• Lovely photos Paul of the goldcrest and the dunnock

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler