Kestrels in the Quarry 2020 ..Colin ... updated to 30th Oct!

• I certainly hope so although the situation has changed here a bit ... new people have moved into the house under his nesthole & next to his telegraph pole & they are not the quietest of people, they have a large extended family with lots of BBQ's & gatherings in the Summer!
    Added to that, in addition to the nesting Magpie pair plus Jackdaws it seems that there is a new Rookery just over the back of the treeline, possibly in the garden of a bungalow up the top! Very noisy just now, constantly flying to & fro calling loudly ... guess they have young?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sorry to hear things have changed with more disturbance, noise near the telegraph pole and nesthole; let me know if you need a good solicitor for any nuisance neighbours as I know of a good one LOL ! We also have a rookery close by with birds especially flying back and forth en-masse late evenings before roost. Not too noisy from where we are - so far !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• O'h heck, that doesn't sound too good Wendy, I'll keep fingers crossed that things quieten down later on in the year when Colin might want to return, the rooks especially might have fledged by then.

Lot to learn

• O'h heck, that doesn't sound too good Wendy, I'll keep fingers crossed that things quieten down later on in the year when Colin might want to return, the rooks especially might have fledged by then.

Lot to learn

• Just catching up with a few threads. Sorry to hear you have new noisy neighbours, Wendy. Maybe they will not like winter and be quieter in a few months time and Colin can visit you over the winter.

Kind regards, 

Ann