Kestrels in the Quarry 2020/21/breaking news 1st Oct 2022

New male who I've named Colin gave us a miss over Xmas & New Year's day so was very pleased to see him this afternoon, giving me a reason to start new thread in the hope there's some romance this year!

Grim & grey day here so light was bad for pics @ almost 15.00

Resolution in vid was a great improvement ... he looks almost too pretty to be a boy!!  Trademark ending though ... start as you mean to go on!

• Wondered if I was going to see Colin again or whether he'd gone off to nest somewhere with a keen female (may well be!)

He was on the cliff ledge for more than half an hour on 20th from 14.06 ... didn't do a lot so have speeded up some of the footage for continuity

• Good to see Colin again; he certainly had a good scratch, preen and wouldn't be him if he didn't discharge a little ballast towards the end of the clip LOL

post edit:  we posted at the same time Limpy,  good to see you on here and hope you, Clare and Helen are doing ok.   We're all here on the community for one another as we'll certainly have more time on our hands to catch up on posts and support one another.         

• So pleased to hear you enjoyed seeing Colin ... he paid a flying visit just five minutes ago but didn't stop for a photoshoot! Hope you are feeling a lot better now Limpy?
  • Thanks aitch, had to set his trademark action in slo-mo as tradition decrees! Lol
  • Well it was nice of his nibs to put in another appearance! Lovely to see him in the sunshine again.

Hello Limpy, so good to hear from you, hope you are doing okay and feeling well now. Kept the posts coming,
  • Scratching behind the ear is always so pleasing!!! Great to see him back Wendy and he is looking just beautiful in the sun.
  • Wonderful to see you posting again, Limpy, and I hope you, Clare and Helen are doing ok. I trust you are keeping up with the Osprey arrivals. Each one makes me smile broadly, despite being scared silly about this terrible virus. Hope you, Clare, Helen and Everyone on these community threads, posters and lurkers and our families alike, will be able to stay safe and get through this thing. At least we have the various Osprey, Peregrine and Owl webcams to watch; Dyfi should have their live streaming up and running within the week, even though they cannot open the new centre yet. And there are more wildlife lovers and bird obsessives (like you of course!), and Wendy, Hazel, MC, Nigel, PB, Paul A, Scylla and other numerous Osprey fans, Linda and other newer posters, many more I've not listed, and Alan (if he's come out of his temporary retirement by now!) and many others who kindly post videos and snaps for us the enjoy (and some are even heart-warmingly silly with their captions which is even more welcome in the present need for many of us to self-isolate).
    Wendy, It is also lovely that Colin put in an appearance again, too. Every bird of prey cheers me up no end! Hope he comes back regularly from now on.

• Long way behind ... will post this link for now of him dealing with what looks like a CD

Feature length for those who are fascinated with this sort of thing ...

https://youtu.be/I1Ahi4UQ0Y8

• Hello Colin, nice to see you again, and on such a lovely sunny day. Please make your next visit a bit sooner rather than later! Thank you!