Sunrises and Sunsets 2020; Share your photos here

Happy New Year all

I know you’ve enjoyed sharing your sunrise and sunset photos, and a good many have enjoyed seeing the photos and experiences posted, so here is this year’s thread.

First, thank you to all who have shared their photos for 2019, not just in the UK, but from other countries also, I’m sure you’ll agree, they have all been fabulous.

Last year’s thread is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/200216/sunrises-and-sunsets-2019-share-your-photos-here/1274307#pifragment-4313=1

and the initial thread here, which started as

Autumn Sunrises and Sunsets share your photos here

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/197615/autumn-sunrises-and-sunsets-share-your-photos-here/1223270#pifragment-4313=1

To save Hazy the pressure of missing a sunrise, here is the first of my contributions for 2020.

Can you see the sun? 

It is there, honest!

• ...and the Sun trying to lie down on to vineyards for resting

• Thank you David, and I like your sunset photo, it reminds of the time I was in Ibiza (many years ago) enjoying two sightseeing weeks, and exploring the island, driving through the open countryside.

• Thank you for this so much interestanting thread that offers us the chance to upload our personal vision on such emotive subject. I went for working to Menorca island some years ago, being there over three months and enyoing sunsets/sunrises really impressive. In this case i took the picture driving along to the village where my wife was born, in the steppe area of La Mancha, near Madrid.
  • David said:
    Thank you for this so much interestanting thread that offers us the chance to upload our personal vision on such emotive subject. I went for working to Menorca island some years ago, being there over three months and enyoing sunsets/sunrises really impressive. In this case i took the picture driving along to the village where my wife was born, in the steppe area of La Mancha, near Madrid.

You're welcome, and keep posting your photos Thumbsup

• The next few, from a different perspective, screen grabs of what was captured on the dashcam while driving to our sons place in Bishops Stortford, so I apologise for the text at the bottom, I never got round to cropping that out.

First sign of sunrise, on the M6 heading for the A14 east.

The next ones were along the A14

I liked the next two because of the cloud formation, which later turned out to be heavy rain as we got on the M11.

The bridge is close by Cambridge Services.

• Eventhough those losing days there is a real point of light beyond the horizon making you strong enough for looking forward to see the next sunrise...i think :).

I hope you like this picture

• 15 minutes ago,  just managed to get a couple of quick pics of the beautiful sunset outside our temporary residence;   it's so beautiful here that I extended the rental for an extra month  lol 

• After a fabulously sunny (for a change) but raw day, we were treated to a vibrant pink sky at sunset.

• Just a couple from last night's sunset

To the right of Snowdon - The Rivals

The seagulls flying back to sea coming into view taken from front of house

Then around the back where the red sky and posts remind me of ships' rigging:-)

• Beautiful photos, it certainly was a lovely sunset last night unlike today when we've not been able to see further than 50 metres all day !!