20 minutes at the river

Having to work to keep a roof over our heads, me and Mrs PB usually miss parcels being delivered and have to go to the sorting office to collect. Normally, this is a pain in the bum, but today, I noticed the office opened at 7. Hmm I thought, Mrs PB is off for a breakfast "meeting" (chinwag/gossip/catch-up/natter delete as applicable) so I could go earlyish and have a quick wander.

So I did. I didn't realise quite what effect the amount of rain would have on the river, but suffice to say half of where I normally walk was a lagoon, and the other half a lake (usually it's a grass area), all bar one pathway. I followed the path, and out of habit for what I might have missed, I looked back.....

Imagine my surpise!! (This is a the edge of a normally dry ditch that I've only ever seen butterflies inhabit!)

I see you....

Ahh, you're too old and lardy to bother me, back to brekkie search

I'd sidled to about 15 feet away from him by this point, and then a dog came sploshing through the lake(field) and he took flight. 

I walked further along and caught Mr Corvid be preen

A dinosaur on Sentry Duty

The Swan family, still all together (note the tree on the right growing in the lake (field)

A majestic and serene fly-by

And just as the rain began again, I heard Jenny shouting her head off