A few from last couple of days, garden and by the river

Remember that folks...it's called "Blue Sky"!! Shame the tree and birds got in the way Stuck out tongue winking eye

Fleeting visit from Woody

Then I remembered there's a settings dial on the camera

Not often seen a dinosaur up a tree

Unfortunately I forgot about the settings dial when I saw the heron, so he's massively over exposed... but I fiddled a bit with the gull shots, doing his Winston Churchill impression

And going for the chase scene in front of the dramatic weir!!

Nutty, I think (I've got to practise post production more, but I quite like the silhouette effect.....honest Stuck out tongue winking eye)

Tuneful and looking good!!

And then as I got home, outside the front door, squawking away, the neighbourhood house sparrows

• A lovely set PB, Mr Pheasant is a bit odd coloured? I like Mr Gull having his smoke! The sparrows are always a delight to hear when they chit chatter away.
  • Nice selection of birds there PB not to mention the sight of a blue sky :) back to drizzle here after not a bad morning and more rain on the way so good to see your cheery post. Nuthatches and woodpeckers are striking looking birds and I love the Dinosaur up in the tree on guard watch !
  • Nice to see blue skies and you've got a nice variety of birds. Cormorants do look really prehistoric don't they.
  • PimperneBloke said:

Then I remembered there's a settings dial on the camera

Not often seen a dinosaur up a tree

Unfortunately I forgot about the settings dial when I saw the heron, so he's massively over exposed... but I fiddled a bit with the gull shots, doing his Winston Churchill impression

Brilliant photos PB, and I particularly like the gull with the Churchill in beak!

My question is, did you place the cigar there or was the gull actually carrying possibly food?

• Thanks all :o)
    CL, the pheasant is just outside bedroom French door, so is possibly picking up a reflection of bedding or curtain, or possibly the 2 magenta plant pots on the decking
    Mike, if I was skilled enough in post production to put a cigar in his mouth, there would have been an ash tip, and a trail of smoke too lol
  • PimperneBloke said:
    CL, the pheasant is just outside bedroom French door, so is possibly picking up a reflection of bedding or curtain, or possibly the 2 magenta plant pots on the decking

We used to have cock pheasants in our old garden and their plumage often had natural shades of purple in it and could see it depending on the sunlight.    You might be able to make out the natural purple hues on his chest area in this photo.

• A fine selection. Odd thing for the gull to carry ... unless it thought it was a chip!
  • I thought it odd too, Nige, unless it was building a sheltery nesty type thing, but it was harassed by 3 or 4 other gulls for several minutes!
  • I guess they did think it was food then, or I doubt they would have harassed it.
  • PimperneBloke said:
    Thanks all :o)

Mike, if I was skilled enough in post production to put a cigar in his mouth, there would have been an ash tip, and a trail of smoke too lol

I did wonder if you had mastered photo editing to a Masters Standard!

Seriously, I was only teasing as I know you realised. However, I have seen gulls (mainly juvenile gulls) picking up stones and other large and what I'd consider heavy objects and flying off with them!