Happy holidays

Not the best place to post this, I know (my only excuse being that I’ve never really understood the structure of these forums…)

So, we’re past the first of Advent and it’s time I concentrate on other things for a while (along with daily water and food for the local wildlife).

I wish everyone on these forums a happy holiday season, filled with the unexpected thrill of encountering surprises in the natural world, and many of those moments that take us out of ourselves and have us forget those problems, both major and minor, that all of us surely have.

Best wishes go, in particular, to those posters who, with unstinting dedication, provide advice, knowledge, and support, patiently and politely, to those posters who come to these forums in search of help. The recent thread launched by a woman afraid of attacks by a Raven is a great of example of how you all, with great kindness, help people; in that particular case, helping someone on their journey from fear of the other, the unknown, to acceptance. An acceptance that’s wonderful for the individual involved (and her dog), and much, much better for the bird concerned.

Thank you, sincerely.

All being well, I’ll be back with you all at some point.

Until then, all the best to you all –

Dave (CH)

• All the best Dave I hope you have a great Holiday period.
    I agree with you, to me that is the community at it's best and if we can help just one person it is worth all the other drawbacks of the forum software and layout.
    I hope to see you back sooner rather than later.

My Flickr photos

• Morning Dave, best wishes to you too and as you and Alan say, to be able to help one person is reward enough despite the difficulties with the new platform and navigating ourselves around the confusion ! Thanks for all your amazing contributions too, helps to make this place what it is - I mean the good bits LOL

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Best wishes for the holiday period to you too, Dave, and thanks for all your insightful contributions. You've often had a different perspective on things which I've personally enjoyed. It is rewarding when you feel you've helped someone if only in a small way.
    Don't be a stranger and hope to see you posting again soon.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Dave... Dave..... Dave..... You can't go, the bloody cheque bounced!!!
    As all the others have said, happy holidays to you too, and thanks for your help and insights, and mainly the banter! Don't be away too long... You never know, the forum may work properly when you return and you'll be totally bamboozled!!
  • All the best Dave, here's hoping you have a Happy Holiday, and we'll catch up with you soon.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Best wishes Dave for the "fête" season from me too, & look forward to seeing you back on here again soon.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Whatever you get up to Dave hope it all goes well,hope to catch up in the future

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Have a good holiday.

Nige   Flickr

• Keep dropping in Dave, it has been good to see your posts.

Lot to learn

• Thanks everyone; take care of yourselves.

And PB: Never trust someone you 'meet' on the interweb, particularly when money's involved   ;o)