More Waxwing at South Shields - in a bit of sunshine.

Waxwings at South Shields with a little bit of sunshine.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Fabulous Bob. I know the berry-in-the-air shots are amazing, but my favourite's the wind-blown, punky one.

It's a wonderful coincidence that such a photogenic bird is so, in my experience, confiding and relaxed around people.

Try to get there earlier on your next trip and you might get them before they've finished putting their makeup on?

All the best -
    Dave
  • Your photos are beautiful Bob. They are such a lovely bird and you have shown them at their best. I think you have them from every angle! The one in the 4th snap looks like half Waxwing and half squirrel! Like Dave says, I also love the punk look fellow and the one playing keepie up with the berries!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I'm glad they hung around for you, quite literally in some cases by the looks of it, as the sun does make their colours pop a bit more. I'm not sure which is most unlikely here at the moment, waxwings or sunshine, let alone both!

Nige   Flickr

• Fabulous photos Bob, made me very envious. Would love to see some around here, but it has to get very cold elsewhere before they come this far!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Gorgeous blue sky and wonderful waxwings, contortionists that's what they are, love the yellow strip at the bottom of the tail, you would be able to id them by seeing that flash by I suppose. Poor Mrs B looking at her larder disappearing:-)

Lot to learn

• Super photos Bob.

Such colourful birds, though locally I've not seen, or heard of any, for a good few years.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Stunning shots Bob

My Flickr photos

• Awesome. Send them south please Bob

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Wonderful shots, Bob--thanks! I agree with TJ, please send a few of them south.

Kind regards, 

Ann