Clash of Antlers - Tatton Park

Dry but pleasant day despite a chill in the air so spent a couple of hours in our local Tatton Park to see the deer and anything else that happened to be around.     

Now that rutting season is at an end the deer are quite relaxed although some younger stags are getting a bit of rutting practice in before next season;   most photos are either not cropped and although I used the 5Dmkiii  full fame, 300mm x 1.4   I had to back up a few times to get the deer in frame.    The deer at Tatton are often inquisitive and used to people but I usually have Mike keeping watch when there is a herd of 400+    the deer will approach very closely at times but a little more safe now that the rut is at a close.    

I've put a couple of clips taken on the mobile up on Video thread so here are the photos of the deer and will include other birds we saw at the end.

Tatton Mansion

there were a couple of practice ruts going on when younger stags do a spot of play roll   -  nothing too serious 

ended amicably  ! 

always inqusitive animals  !

a Fallow Buck

and herd

Rooks were also on the park digging for worms ....

Red hind

unfortunately a dog off leash persisted in chasing the deer   :(    so the herd took off but remained in their stronghold group 

Push-pull toy fallow   !! 

to continue ………… rest of the pics

and the rest of the birds ………..

Jackdaw

Goldeneye

Tuftie

G.C.Grebe

Black-headed gull 

another G.C.Grebe preparing for Christmas already   !! 

someone lurking in the long grass and trying to keep a low profile   ……

spotted you …………

That's all folks !