Making the most of the blue skies !

Hi all, after weeks of grey skies and rain we had a glorious weather here yesterday so I decided to head out for a few hours . Firstly I looked around Penzance and newlyn harbours where I saw the long staying male eider 

and a couple of Cormorants

I then headed to the area where the Short eared Owls hunt and saw this beautiful Kestrel

before the stars of the show appeared

Best wishes ,Jayne

• Awesome, Awesome, Awesomer, Awesomer and Awesomest!!
    The owl's focus in that last shot....no wonder he's got a flat face!!!
    Did I mention Awesome, Jayne?
  • Thankyou Pimpernebloke - my husband says the short eared owls remind him of flying logs, I can see what he means !
    Jayne
  • Looks like you had a great day out Jayne and saw some fabulous flying logs and other species lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Excellent photos in the sunshine although a "Flying log" is a new one on me

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks, Jayne, a lovely collection. Who could not love Eiders? And I'm very envious of your Short Eared Owls--I've yet to see one in person.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Well done Jayne, fabulous pics all of them, even the cormorants posed perfectly for you.

Lot to learn

• welshlass said:

Hi all, after weeks of grey skies and rain we had a glorious weather here yesterday so I decided to head out for a few hours . Firstly I looked around Penzance and newlyn harbours where I saw the long staying male eider 

Best wishes ,Jayne

Lovely photos Jayne.

I'm asking very nicely, pretty pretty pretty, please, could you share some of your blue skies up here please?

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler