Sooo, following a dismal week...

I have a day off and the forecast is dull, and grey, with about between 10 and 25% chance of rain, depending on where I look at going. Obviously, I'm not stupid (despite how it seems in the other thread), so I go to the lowest percentage chance of rain... Weymouth... which means Radipole Lake, and/or Lodmoor. I set off, not too early, and as I approach Dorchester I marvel at all the muppets barrelling down the outside lane at 70 when they all know it narrows to one lane about 100 yards ahead. Still, I'm in no hurry so pootle on. The forecast was right, it was grey and a bit murky but my day brightened up no end when I saw a hoverer, and no more than 20 yards from a lay-by. I pull in, retrieve the camera from the boot (bad planning I know!!) and as I turn, the hoverer moves a further 2o yards away...I snap, nevertheless

I walked after it a little, but then it just flew over the road and another 50 yards away, so I gave up, but thought...Nice start!

So, I got to Radipole a little after 9, spotted a sign on the welcome centre door....shut today, darn. no loo and no coffee later! I looked over the bridge and saw grumpy Mrs Tufty.

Along the path were dunnock, robin and blackbird, and puddles (more of them later!) but I saw something I don't recognise (for a change!!)... the front looks too white and the eye stripe too vivid for anything in my book

Well, then I walked on, skirting the puddles on the path, some of which were quite large. And unfortunately, some weren't actually on the path.... one in particular was sort of the bank of the lake. Luckily, it was only slightly over ankle deep. Unfortunately, my walking boots are only ankle high. So a dilemma.... I've paid for 3 hours parking, and my feet are wet..... it'll be best part of an hour home...… so, they'll be dry by the time I'm home...I'll carry on.

Next to catch my eye, was the weather, it had brightened slightly (probably god laughing at my wet feet) and a pair of youths

then possibly a tern of sorts? (going by wing shape?)

And a pair of Aylesburys?

Unfortunately the path to the viewing screens was even more flooded than the other area's so I gave them a miss and headed back to the visitor centre where 2 kingfishers had been seen yesterday, As I loitered inconspicuously on the bridge there was a Teal

A couple of gulls (don't know which sorts I'm afraid)

a very pale coloured pigeon

And a trio of cormorants in different stages of preparing, right to left, the preen, the stretch and then put it together

As I'd only been out an hour I decided to venture round to Lodmoor to see if it was less damp on the paths.... and it was .. To start with a morning excercise of starlings (too few to be a murmuration, also wrong time of day, so had to call it something!)

Another LBJ I'm not sure of

The next pic is basically a summary of the rest of the images, Teal, Lapwing in flight, Lapwing and gadwall.... feel free to skip ahead Slight smile

IF YOU SKIPPED AHEAD, STOP NOW!!

Who'd have thought whilst looking at teal and lapwing, I'd manage to get my 1st iridescent Maggie pic

And does anything have stripes on its back whilst flying other than snipe? If not I make it 9 snipe! (you can just make out the bill on left hand one)

A proud looking starling

And finally after the egret tree, I present to you, the sparrow bush

• Pretty good for a grotty start to the day PB and lucky to get a Cetti's so out in the open. Don't suppose you had any sauce orange with you for the Aylesburys.
    There are Med Gulls nesting at Arne so not too surprising to see them scattered along the coast area.