So.… 2nd Day of 4

That I'm off work and Mrs PB isn't, and I STILL Have No Chores (I think Mrs PB has forgotten I'm off!!)

So the forecast was fine and still so I thought I'll trundle to Arne for the Dartford Warblers. They like a nice calm day, and 8 were spotted yesterday.

I scraped the ice from the windscreen (1st time this winter!) and wondered if the rush hour traffic would let me beat the sunrise to the hide. Nahhhh, 20 minutes later I'd done about 5 miles Disappointed

Anyhow, got to Arne, still, a nice crisp but misty morning, I got out the car and heard a horrendous, shrieking, bellowing screaming noise.... who was being murdered?? No one.... it's the rut innit!! i've not seen deer there for a while, so my hopes were raised.

1st up though, the artistry of our eight legged friends caught my eye

I then saw the first of the deer

A flash of movement caught my eye

A second was further up the tree, but in shadow. Then down the slope a bit I spied

As I walked along to where I've seen the Dartfords before I saw some Lollipops

I got to the top of the rise overlooking the channel (Wareham not English) and saw one of my staples

Flying towards the massed ranks of gulls and waders

I wandered along to the hide and found wader city, Avocets

Curlew and Redshank (I think)

Black Tailed Godwits

I moved on, disappointed not to have seen the Dartford, and decided

a) it was early...they may be having a lie in, and

b) it was chilly, they may be snuggled in the duvets knowing their brekkie wouldn't be up and about yet, so I went around again

I saw more deer, these separated by both yardage and time!

I heard a distinctive Warbler "tune", and CLICK... a loverly Stonechat

But then possibly (maybe) a Juvenile Dartford popped up

I decided to head down to Lodmoor in Weymouth to continue my morning out, and was greeted with Gadwall

And a serious looking rook

And a Tufty

and Teal

Twitter is saying there's Jack Snipe at Lodmoor (iffy pics, sorry) not sure if this is it

Imagine my surprise, after the cold night, seeing Ruddy? Darter

Another Gadwall

Lapwing

Now the other side

My Gosh, I'm beautiful

Starling

It can't have been as cold as I thought..

Last time I was here there were lots and lots and lots and lots of geese..... this time it was just lots