Remember t'other day...

When I said about my run of luck down by the river? Well, I went back this morning to see if the luck was holding.

The 1st thing I saw after the sunrise 10 minutes down the road) was a plethora of people with big camera's and bigger lenses... Hmmm thought I, perhaps my luck shall still be good..

Dog otter.... you can tell it's the dog in the 2nd image due to it's fantastically manicured (pedicured?) nails

I took my leave of the group of people and meandered my way along (away from the area that was flooded last week), and saw a blue and orange blur from the corner of my eye. Hmm thought I, perhaps my luck shall not be so good to see but a blur.

I paused a moment and heard some strident calling to my right

But then she decided enough was enough and cursed me with her eye (or at least frowned at me!)

I wandered a little further, and pondered if the Heron was playing Hide and seek, thinking "You can't see me"

Not to be outwitted by the Heron, I walked on 5 yards.... "Ohhh… you can see me" he thought

"Well enough is enough, young fellow-me-lad, I'm orf"

"Hah!" He thought.... "I didn't want to go that way anyway!!"

Up by the weir there was a sighting of a cormorant

And the swans with their 8 cygnets.... not sure what age they stop being called cygnets!!

Then there was another sighting of the kingfisher, but not as good as I hoped for

Well, at that point I thought to myself, "well there's been some luck, but not an extraordinary amount, I'll mooch back and see if the otter's still there"

Lo and behold, the people were still there, but there wasn't an otter

nor 2

nor 3

(cue dambusters theme music), but FOUR....plus the dog that had swum upstream!!!!

As they swam off downstream passing the area flooded last week I walked alongside, and now follow some gratuitous otter shots....just because I can Smile

Soooo, in summary.... I think it's pretty safe to say, my luck is holding!!!