A few from the garden today

Today, thankfully, hasn't quite gone to plan, so I've had the day to myself and got a few odds and sods done, that were planned for tomorrow, meaning, I may be lucky and make thee escape, weather permitting tomorrow.

So, during a late lunch break, under the midday moon (though it was nice and sunny as well), I was out in the garden armed with camera on the off chance something would visit the feeders.

After a flutter from a pair of wood pigeons in a neighbouring garden, I was in luck.

The noisy wood pigeons...

A robin

And a very hungry coal tit having a good go at the peanut feeder.

It didn't seem to mind when I got closer.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Lovely set Mike, the birds are beginning to seek out the feeders now and numbers increasing; also tucking into the peanuts and suet products as the temperatures cool slightly.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Nice to see your wood pigeons Mike, don't get any here though my sister used to have them visiting two miles away. Also the Coal Tit, fabulous little bird, I like the way they stash any food they don't want to immediately eat.

Lot to learn

• No better way to spend a lunch break.

Nige   Flickr

• Nice, Mike :o) Well captured on the coal tit, coz ours whizz in and zoom out after just a peck!
  • In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    Lovely set Mike, the birds are beginning to seek out the feeders now and numbers increasing; also tucking into the peanuts and suet products as the temperatures cool slightly.

Thank you.

Yes they certainly are seeking out the feeders, and the suet pellets... 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to gaynorsl:

gaynorsl said:
    Nice to see your wood pigeons Mike, don't get any here though my sister used to have them visiting two miles away. Also the Coal Tit, fabulous little bird, I like the way they stash any food they don't want to immediately eat.

We used to have a lot of wood pigeons visiting the garden, but this year they've not been so prolific.

I think there's a bit of cradle snatching going on with this pair.....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Nigel O:

Nigel O said:
    No better way to spend a lunch break.

Definitely.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to PimperneBloke:

PimperneBloke said:
    Nice, Mike :o) Well captured on the coal tit, coz ours whizz in and zoom out after just a peck!

Thank you PB.

Yes, the coal tits (I think all tits are) can be a bit quick off the mark, that's putting it mildly.

I've learned to pre-empt the shot getting the camera focused ready, however, the one on the nut feeder seemed quite content to have a good long feed.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler