Down by the river..... again

Well, I was up earlyish, but the weather was persisting down so I got a bit despondent about having a day off cooped up (Mrs PB would say grumpy rather than despondent I expect) but then, lo and behold the weather cleared! The forecast was still "pants" so I didn't want to venture too far, so off I toddled to the river

Well, I was greeted by the results of the rain... this was the path I usually wander down... the swan is about 10 yards inland of where the bank normally is!

Unperturbed, I turned left along the bank, and went maybe 5 yards, and there was a clatter of wings behind me....

and Mr Swan did a lap of the field adjacent to where he started, and landed back where he started! (there seemed to be a lot of flying pictures today, it turns out)

Further along one of my favourites popped in to say hello

And then there was a surprisingly un-shy crow, I was within about 6 feet of it before it hopped away with elevenses

Almost immediately, round the bend came Mr Heron

Who landed here... (I took about 6 paces from where I had pictured the Crow)

I walked back along towards the flooded bit of path, and spotted a Black Headed Gull take off...

A fleeting whizz-by of a Kingie followed

Then it was Bigfoot's turn

And he landed waaaaaaaay up high...

There was a swan pair, neither of which was the solo flyer from earlier, nor are they the parents of the 8 youngsters, so I was curious, are swans territorial? Could there be a bit of a fracas later?

And as I was headed home, the Little Egret came to land and remind me it was a bit of a flooded day, as he and the 2 swans fished on the "path"!