Interloper Goose with grey lags?

• Understood Ann. Habedersher's shop. Basel. Must be a story in there?
  • In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    remnants of

Curiouser and curiouser……. did you cause it to be remenanted??!!

• Great great grandparents had a haberdashery in a small village outside of Basel. Half-sisters of one great grandfather ran the shop after the rest of the family emigrated in the early 1880s.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to PimperneBloke:

PB, It was all before my time--not responsible!

Kind regards, 

Ann

Sounds like a challenge, Ann.

I'd be happy to help if there's anything I can do.

We're around 90 minutes from Basel, and I confess I don't know the area (outside the city) too well, other than that it's a great place for birdwatching (and seeing).

All the best -
    Dave
  • Thanks, Dave, Not sure I'll ever get there, not to mention that I don't hold out much hope of there being any evidence or information about a family living there that long ago. A Swiss friend of ours living here in the UK says that the surname is a fairly common one there, though probably not as common as Schmidt!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Feel free to get in touch with me, Ann. If there's anything I can do, I'm up to helping, particularly as you've not been there yet.

(All of which can also hand Mike's OP back to all questions geese...)
  • LOL, Dave!
    Sorry, Mike, for the digression! Now handing back your thread on Interloper Geese!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Dave - CH:

Dave - CH said:
    Honoured that you picked up on that comment, Mike. And looking forward to more opinions on hybrids.

We used to spend a lot of time around geese, living within easy striking distance of the country's largest wetlands reserve, but that tailed off when we swapped watching birds for seeing birds (due mainly to time constraints).

We're now mainly spotting them from speeding vehicles. Having just driven through France twice, we have a whole collection of 'seen from speeding van', including Lapwings and a Goshawk.

Could be a new birdwatching branch?

All the best -
    Dave

You're welcome, and thank you for the suggestion. 

You may have twigged on to a new bird watching theme.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

Gardenbirder said:
    LOL, Dave!
    Sorry, Mike, for the digression! Now handing back your thread on Interloper Geese!

No worries, it's been interesting reading the posts, and I feel it's nice that folk can have a good chat.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler