Interloper Goose with grey lags?

On my last visit to RSPB Conwy (see: RSPB Conwy 21 Sept 2019) I had observed an "interloper goose", using Dave CH's words, who commented on it, that had flown in with a flock of grey lag geese.

I would guess others will have noticed it as well.

After some searching, and various suggestions, I'm tempted to think it is a Canada goose with non-standard markings, or possibly hybrid?

I'm open to any suggestions...

• Certainly an unusual spot and nice to photos of it. Goose hybrids do happen and I believe there have been many instances of hybrids between Canada and Greylag geese. Photos of those hybrids on the web are a reasonable match for this one, too.
  • Unknown said:
    Certainly an unusual spot and nice to photos of it. Goose hybrids do happen and I believe there have been many instances of hybrids between Canada and Greylag geese. Photos of those hybrids on the web are a reasonable match for this one, too.

Thank you Nige, and yes, I've come across a few hybrid geese over the years.

I've spent a decent amount of time trawling the web, but nothing really struck me as relevant, hence the delay in posting.

But I'm sure somewhere it will have been spotted and commented on.

• LOL, Dave--we always count the birds of prey when whizzing up or down the M40. Now there are usually lots of Red Kites (a successful re-introduction project in the UK) as well as a few Buzzards each time, but sadly, now we almost never see any Kestrels on that journey, probably due to the addition of trees and bushes to the verges 20 or more years ago rather than the tussocky grasses of yesteryear which housed prey for Kestrels. Improved scenery for people but ruined habitat for Kestrels. We used to do the trip 3, 4 or more times per year but now it is only one or two in a year.
  • Dave, Lucky you, seeing the Goshawk and the hunting Peregrine. I've yet to see a Goshawk clearly anywhere. There was one flyover by a Goshawk (according to more experienced birders) one day when we were visiting Symonds Yat Rock, a cliff top above the Wye Valley on the English/Welsh border, but to me it was a blurry black shape of unknown bird of prey.
  • Dave, With enough notice of when you're opening the guest house, we'll be booking as well--LOL! It would have to be on our way to or from our attempt to look for remnants of a haberdasher's shop about 10 miles south of Basel! Not sure that will ever come to pass...
  • Unknown said:
    remnants of

Curiouser and curiouser……. did you cause it to be remenanted??!!

• Great great grandparents had a haberdashery in a small village outside of Basel. Half-sisters of one great grandfather ran the shop after the rest of the family emigrated in the early 1880s.

• PB, It was all before my time--not responsible!
  • Thanks, Dave, Not sure I'll ever get there, not to mention that I don't hold out much hope of there being any evidence or information about a family living there that long ago. A Swiss friend of ours living here in the UK says that the surname is a fairly common one there, though probably not as common as Schmidt!
  • LOL, Dave!
    Sorry, Mike, for the digression! Now handing back your thread on Interloper Geese!