Hartington and Biggin Dale walk

• In reply to gaynorsl:

gaynorsl said:
    "Shutlingsloe 1,660 ft" blimey, Snowdon would be no problem for you then Hazy:-)

lol Gaynor,   probably a bit misleading as you start down near Macclesfield Forest and slowly work your way gradually uphill until you get to the last bit which is a bit more of a killer  lol 

This is part of the path between Macc.forest and Shutlingsloe    (looking back towards Macclesfield forest)

and the last bit which unfortunately was a very windy day and I virtually ended up on all fours when I finally got to the top for fear of being blown right orfff the top    LOL 

(looking towards Shutlingsloe)    you can see the steep bit at the end  -     got palpitations just looking at it now     LOL

and view from top although I only took two pics as I had to hold on to the trig point   !

and this is a pic from top of "the Cloud"  Bosley    where you can see right across Cheshire and towards Staffs in the other direction.   

and Tegg's Nose near Macc.forest    - that day was over 8 miles with the hill at the end    !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Cracking additions Hazel

My Flickr photos

• Ta Alan, it was a few years ago (2011)

Regards, Hazel 

• I thought Mike looked younger!!

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:
    I thought Mike looked younger!!

Not to mention me   LOL

Regards, Hazel 

• Can't tell with all your arctic gear on.

My Flickr photos

• A lovely set from your day out Hazel. Sorry to hear about your eye problems. Hopefully you will be able to get some sort of fix! [Maybe wrong choice of words, but on the other hand that wold give you a really pleasurable walk and you would not feel your achy feet]! Looks like a nice place for a walk. Thanks for sharing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Shuttlingsloe, the Peak Districts Matterhorn...

You certainly had a good days walking, and among some lovely scenery, which the River Dove, though I've always avoided Dove Dale, it gets too busy.

Another lovely walk from around that way is Beresford and Wolfscote Dales, which I've enjoyed walking through in the past.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Thanks everyone,
    @ Mike, yes, we started off at Hartington village, down to Beresford dale, Wolfscote dale and turned left for Biggin Dale ! On another visit we started at Dovedale - Milldale but as you say, it is a very touristy area so Hartington is our preferred option. Tissington Trail is also another great walk.

Regards, Hazel 

• Fabulous additional photos Hazy, wonderful views. I was amazed when I first visited Macclesfield and finding a town with the countryside on it's doorstep, nearly as pretty as Wales:-)

Lot to learn