A jaunt to the river before the forecasted rain came down

• Wow, you did strike lucky PB with all those beauties and photos, especially nice to see the two otters.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Would be good if I could take advantage of what you suggest Mike but I can only wear cotton for various reasons but the layering does work ... I just don't embrace cold weather, makes me ache too much!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    Would be good if I could take advantage of what you suggest Mike but I can only wear cotton for various reasons but the layering does work ... I just don't embrace cold weather, makes me ache too much!

That's a shame.

What I omitted to say was, merino wool doesn't itch, not one bit, not like normal wool.

I've used merino wool as part of night wear when winter camping.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• An excellent jaunt, with plenty to see and photograph. Little Egrets are always one of my favs although great to get the otters, too. Perhaps they'd just popped to one of the supermarkets for some fresh fish!

Nige   Flickr

• What a brilliant photo shoot PB, gorgeous otters, and the Kingfisher telling them to go away as he wants to eat:-) The Egrets are lovely too but sorry, the otters just beat all.

Lot to learn

• In reply to Mike B:

Merino, Mike. The sheep swear by it.

You're right though; I've three different thicknesses/weights. Stay warm, even when wet. Well worth the investment, if you can wear it of course.
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

Dave - CH said:
    Merino, Mike. The sheep swear by it.

You're right though; I've three different thicknesses/weights. Stay warm, even when wet. Well worth the investment, if you can wear it of course.

Especially the Merino sheep! 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

That makes a certain sense to me Mike. :-)