RSPB Conwy 10 August 2019

The third and final visit to the reserve during my stay in Wales. It was a blustery day, as you can see, and hear, from this short vid, also taken on the Canon 5D MkIV.

RSPB Conwy on a very wet and windy day!

https://youtu.be/vOybex5QnVw

So the photos were fewer than the previous visits, but it was still a pleasure having a wander around there.

A goldfinch flew in, one of a small flock.

A small flock of starlings flew in

Little Grebe, bobbing around amid the waves....

Curlew on the Afon Conwy mudflats

Hopefully the next visit  to Conwy will be around mid September.

• As you say, still good stuff to see even on a blustery day and a few more waders should've returned by mid September
  • That sure was a rough day Mike, I think I'd have been blown over in that hurricane!!
    Nice to see the Little Grebe, though the water was a murky grey after being churned up.
  • My goodness Mike, it was blowing a hooley that day so well braved ! Love to see Curlews and Little Grebes, will be nice to see more waders returning soon.
  • gaynorsl said:
    That sure was a rough day Mike, I think I'd have been blown over in that hurricane!!
    Nice to see the Little Grebe, though the water was a murky grey after being churned up.

I thought the little grebe was doing well, it didn't seem deterred or obstructed by the weather on little bit, just took it all in its stride, well, paddle!

• Unknown said:
    My goodness Mike, it was blowing a hooley that day so well braved ! Love to see Curlews and Little Grebes, will be nice to see more waders returning soon.

It was a shame the light level was so low, or the curlew feeding on the mudflats would have been a cracking photo.

I took one where it's beak was deep in the mud, but it was too dark to do anything with, so I scrapped it.

Next time.