Sorry again....

But I did more experimenting by the river and at Arne this morning (finally a decent day!!)

About 10 minutes late for sunrise, through 2 different lenses

70-300

18-55

Following my own debate last week if I'd actually spotted the otter... I think I can safely say I have now

And he saw me too!!

The customary little egret, this time not as over exposed (see... I am learning!)

mistical bird (yes, deliberately mis-spelt Stuck out tongue closed eyes

Less mystical, more mobile

One for Nige.... the limit of my artisticness

Bob.... you're Master of the Kingfisher Picture title is under no threat...

Menage a Trois?

Expensive... no, Deer Grin

(Distant) Osprey at the nest

Buzzard

The 1st white butterfly to land anywhere near me this year!

Oystercatcher's in flight

Back to Back they faced each other

The Yellow One

The Not Yellow One (which is probably a female yellow one, with my luck)

• Lovely selection PB, love the canoodling pigeons! Glad you got to see the otter, at last. The sunrise pictures are very nice.
  • Another brilliant collection of photos BP.

Egrets can be difficult to photograph at times due to their white plumage. I've ditched many photos because the plumage throws the exposure out.

There's no argument about the otter sighting Thumbsup

And the kingy, well I've yet to catch one on camera, let alone one in flight, so well done. Thumbsup

• Great set of pics PB, Otter, Osprey and Kingfisher - I'd be happy with just the one:-)
  • Beautiful pics and even arty ones Slight smile Great to see the otter again.

I don't think the Oystercatchers are, as the beaks are too long and thin. I think they are Black-tailed Godwits. As for the Dragonflies, the yellow one is either female or immature. The other darker one is probably the male (but it may be over-mature and so looks darker than the normal orangey-red). They are Common Darters.

• Thanks all

Gaynor, I saw the otter and KF early so thought I'd push my luck a little, I was hoping for Dartford Warblers with the new camera.... sighhhh… I guess osprey will have to do lol (first time I've seen that too)

Nige, as I said in my other "sorry" thread... I never get them all right lol, I just have degrees of wrongness... but hopefully I'm learning all the time :o) (how was I to know oystercatcher and godwits basically have the same wing pattern in flight....that's just silly!!)
  • Very nice set of photos PB and how lovely to get such good views of the Otter in particular, better luck next time for the DW.
  • PimperneBloke said:
    how was I to know oystercatcher and godwits basically have the same wing pattern in flight....that's just silly!!

Welcome to the joys of wader ID ... especially now they are turning to their less colourful winter coats, which just adds to the silliness fun!!!