Another wander along the river, but this time......

Experimenting with my new camera (Bob and Mike...it's all your fault Joy) And I did get it with Mrs PB's blessing, sort of!!

Starting with some black n yellow stripy things

Then one of my favourites, grey wagtail

Another game of odd one out

And then a couple of shots I wouldn't have got on my old camera... normally described as a blue streak...

• Sneaky indeed! The uncropped shot image size is 6000x4000, which was 13.8 MB, the cropped one is only 1.07 MB
    Thanks for the info Tony
  • I saw that TJ as I'm on Chrome too & did wonder if that's what you used!!
  • It doesn't always work, Wendy, because some photographers can suppress the EXIF data when posting their photos if they don't want people to know what they are using. I'm just nosy and like to see what gear and settings people are using.
  • Mostly available on Flickr pics too I notice!
  • PB, congrats on the new camera, and superb photos.

I was going to say [tongue in cheek Grinning ], if you're going to blame Bob and myself for the purchase, then at least share what you bought, but someone has already discovered that.

Brilliant stuff.

Exif data, I can't seem to access that on this thread, so either my browser (Google Chrome in this instance) doesn't have the capability, or I'm doing something wrong.

Brilliant stuff and good work PB, especially twisting the boss' arm....

A word of warning, I've been away for ten days, was supposed to be five, but my arm got twisted, and I'm sorting through over a thousand photos.....

• Hi Mike, I thought you'd been noticeable by your absence …. thanks for the kind words, and i'm looking forward to your selection of the 1000 Grin

Tony uses Chrome too, and he said he'd downloaded an app from the Play store to be able to access the information.

• Unknown said:
    some photographers can suppress the EXIF data

I gotta become more technically minded!!

And I've just heard about filters and things to stick on the end of your lenses.... soooo much to learn!!! And to fork out for Rolling eyes

• PimperneBloke said:

Hi Mike, I thought you'd been noticeable by your absence …. thanks for the kind words, and i'm looking forward to your selection of the 1000 

Tony uses Chrome too, and he said he'd downloaded an app from the Play store to be able to access the information.

Ah, now that explains a lot.

I'm guessing Tony is using a portable device (mobile or tablet), not a desktop or laptop. I'm afraid I can't get on with small devices to read large pages, with the added annoyance of autocorrect dictating what it thinks I should be saying, so another reason why I was absent, my desktop was 150 miles from my holiday address.

Exif data is basically all the technical 'don't-know-how' of a particular photo. That includes camera, lens, the settings ie shutter, aperture, frame size and a lot more data that would totally blow my brain cell apart.

Those who use Flickr, and I guess many other online photo albums, can either hide or show their exif data. i show mine, because it can be interesting to see what camera and lens has been used, along with the camera settings, shutter speed and aperture.

• A great selection, especially considering a new camera set up.
    Now you have the joys of editing all those photos. If you say the photo was 13MB then I think you're saving it as a medium quality JPEG. Many photographers save them as uncompressed RAW files (NEF in Nikon) on the camera which will be 20-25MB. This allows more detail but also you can do much more in the free Nikon editing software, eg exposure compensation, levels adjustments, white balance corrections, etc. Then convert any to JPEG that you want to publish.
  • Thanks Nige. It was saved as "fine" quality

Unknown said:
    which will be 20-25MB

I'll need a bigger memory card lol