squidgy squidge

Didn't have my specs on so wondered what the large bird was to begin with!!

So pleased to see the visitor, he left so I dashed up the garden to refill the feeders

and he/she returned and had a good feed, didn't take more than six photos so it could fill it's tummy.

The spadgers are used to me poking a camera at them while they wait to take their turn on the food

Still pouring here, yes I know we need it!!!!!

• Lovely visitor Gaynor, IWOOT! Think it's gonna be a wet time for most of us today/tomorrow with thunder/lightning thrown in too, what fun! Lol Yes, definitely needed as plants looking rather parched!
  • Great to see the little red squiggle Gaynor; was torrential rain here most of the morning but got a temporary lull at the moment and garden does look refreshed I
    Heaven help Tatton RHS Flower Show which currently on !
  • ***Heaven help Tatton RHS Flower Show which currently on !****
    Will you have time to pop along there aitch if ever it stops raining?
  • WendyBartter said:
    Heaven help Tatton RHS Flower Show which currently on !****
    Will you have time to pop along there aitch if ever it stops raining?

At £34 a ticket on the day I fell out with them !      I have been several times in the past,  it's where we bought the pond/waterfall (show garden) from in 2011  !   The previous year we bought the Malvern summerhouse from there and long step ladders a couple of years later   .so Mike's not keen on going each year - and bank manager certainly isn't keen on us going  LOL 

• You'd have thought they would be paying you to go there Hazy with all those purchases! LOL

The Red Cyril is beautiful, Gaynor, they always bring a smile to my face. Its wall to wall sunshine here, & we could do with rain, but none forecast for a while.
  • So cute, even if the little guy looks a bit bedraggled.
    It's been raining down here in the south all morning First significant rain we've had for weeks so it was needed. More tomorrow apparently and then turning hot again next week.
  • Brilliant capture, a red squirrel.

I also liked the photo of the spadgers lined up, almost like the good old British queuing scenario...

• Lovely Gaynor, he was having a right feed, and the spadgers are lining up for their photos too!!

Oh this rain, we have had several days of it now, heavy rain but very humid and thundery. It is our annual Caithness and Sutherland County Show this weekend, it will be a mud bath!!!
  • Thank you all very much for your comments. Was pleased to see the splash of red this morning as I hadn't had a visit last year at all. I wonder if I will get a repeat visit tomorrow.

Poured most of the day here, but managed to take out dogs (have two at the moment) late afternoon, and now hoping for an improvement tomorrow. Glad to hear it is the same all over the country except for you Hazel, basking in the sunshine in France, not jealous - yet - as they are forecasting a heatwave next week:-)