Tribute to a Jay

A short tribute to a beautiful young Jay who graced our garden for a while but sadly was unwell, reason unknown and unfortunately died on Tuesday evening shortly after we took it to an rspca wildlife hospital.   

Some birds we encounter as passionate nature lovers will remain in our memories forever and this Jay will be no exception.    So RIP beautiful bird and as Paul (MC) would say ….. "fly free".    

This is also dedicated to all forumates who regularly answer questions on the community, offer great advice and is also dedicated to all wildlife volunteers who go the extra mile  giving TLC and help to all creatures great and small.      

My thanks to everyone for your kindest of words during this sad update

• Hazel, I've only just seen this thread--sorry. I've not seen the video (or did I scroll through too fast and miss it?) nor your deleted comment but it sounds as though things did not turn out as you hoped. So sorry. I know how special the Jays have been for you (along with quite a few other species, too, of course!) in your beautiful garden. Jays are beautiful, fascinating and characterful birds and my heart goes out to you over this sad incident. But when you have finally moved house I hope you will remember and think back on all of the wonderful times you have had with all of the wonderful birds in your garden over the years and not let this sorrow overshadow them. We'll be thinking of you and Mike.
  • As Ann has said on the previous post, I also have only come across this thread. Sorry to read about the Jay Hazel. I know that you would have done everything that you possibly could have to help it, so do no go beating yourself up. It is a horrid thing to happen, when we see a sick or injured bird and try to do all that we can but sadly they do not make it. Take care CL.