Red-throated divers on the Northwest coast

Here's a few photos and a video from a trip to look for red-throated divers on the Scottish coast near Ullapool. The weather wasn't fantastic so the photos are a bit gloomy, but it was great to see the divers and I even got a glimpse of a long-tailed duck, something I'd never seen before!

https://youtu.be/DpdZIAnoBdc

[I can’t see a way to embed the video the normal way from a mobile device, so I hope the link works]

Cheers,

Geoff

• Glad you enjoyed the pictures and thanks for the video feedback.. I know some people like the introduction / context stuff and others don’t, so I’m not sure what the best solution is... Perhaps I should add a note to the description stating what time the wildlife footage starts, and also state that when I post about it in forums like this one...? Would that help?

Cheers,
    Geoff
  • I enjoyed your vid very much Geoff especially as I don't get out & around very much these days, am sure there are many more like me too ... the chat & views were great! I only have a point & shoot cam job but certain there are many more beginners at using 'proper' cam who will appreciate knowing all the settings you use! Never mind that your views of RT Diver were fairly remote, sometimes they can be quite near as the one in our local harbour each year is but not around for very long & usually gone by time I get there!
    Carry on doing what you do & introduce us to different parts of the country that many of us will never be ble to visit!
  • Thanks Wendy, I’m glad the videos let you still get out and about when you might not be able to yourself.
    I’ll continue to make these as I really enjoy doin it and it’s great fun! I will, as mentioned above, now also state where the wildlife footage starts so that people that don’t want the intro can skip it!

Cheers,
    Geoff