My Birding or Critter Day 2019

Got up to Seahouse about 8:30am Saturday morning and it was a nice clear run all the way so never stopped, seeing it was a nice morning we parked outside our digs and had a walk along the cliffs, came back to greet the cleaner who we know so she let us park in the garage under the cottage and let us put our food little as it was in the fridge after she cleaned it out we then headed into the villige and walked down to the harbour and booked a trip out to the Islandswe only did a three hour trip one of whice is alanding on the NT inner Farne Island, sadly the clouds rolled in so it was a little on the dull side but did manage some pictures, here is one for now.

• ;Marveloius pic Jim, well done, were you lying down to make this pic? as the point of view seems really low. Anyway a great pic
  • Thanks Nige, these are very trustworthy or just interested in getting food :)
    Thank you David, I was sat down with my back on the dunes so in a way I was low down.
    Three more for now.
    Dunlin.
    Turnstone.
    Ringed Plover.
  • Spectacular views these others Jim, absolutely well focused and not only pictures of birds, much more for me as you are showing the species and the place where they are living in. Thats why i asked you in a previous post if you were lying on the sand as the point of view suggested me the results of a trail cam
  • Thank you David, when you get wildlife like this being so cooperative you have to go back so we did and they did not mind us being close, I did have the 400mm + x1.4 convertor so it dose make it look like I am lower down then I was but it does make for a nice picture.

• Gorgeous photos, Jim. Who could not love a Puffin?! Of course the other pics are beautiful as well, with wonderful close shots--thanks. Couldn't believe the one visitor who was not wearing a hat! Very atmospheric photo of the castle. We've only been to the Farnes once and many years ago, but remember it well. Every bird lover (and history lovers, too) should try to go if they've not been before and if we lived closer to them we would go every year.
  • What fabulous photos James, I don't know how I missed the original post, and it looks like you  had a brilliant visit.

I'm sooo jealous of the puffin photos with the sand eels, one day though.

I did manage some puffin photos on a recent visit to South Stack, but not as good as yours.

• Thank you Ann, I have been going for about 28 years and I find new places each year, we had a nice Cottage on the front next door to last years :) and you can see everything sunsets and sunrises and I got a few will add these later, the Castle I have to take because seeing this reminds me of were my wifes ashes are on the highest dune in Seahouses, and when I called up to say hello and all thats private to me I found a casket that was not there last year, and I also meet a man who's wife and dads ashes are up there too and thats were he is going to end up, I said to him well I will meet you in the future then because that swere I am going too.

Thank you Mike, The pages are flicking over very fast these days, more people are using the forums these days.
    The Puffins are so easy to get its the little ones that can be hard, seeing we were there for two weeks I invited a friend from Leighton Moss and he had a good time, we did not want any money off him but he did pay for a night out and cooked us a meal that was very nice so thenk you Bruce, we had a good time.
  • Jim, It is clear that the wonderful area of Seahouses and the Farnes has extra special memories for you and in your situation I would go every year, too!
  • Thank you Ann, Sandra, did love it there and so do I that's why I don't go abroad like all the others, when you get nice weather over here its better then anywhere that's why I love the place.
  • Agreed, Jim, It is definitely lovely here when the weather is good! We've not been abroad since 2010 and that was for family reasons, not birding.