House Martin eggs

Just thought I would post pics of my lovely house martin egg shells. These are from the higher nest, which is occupied by a pair who returned on time, on April 18th. There are two other nests occupied by very busy housemartins under the lower eaves. They caused me great anxiety as they did not return until May 10th.

I don't know how many eggs in total as I rarely find the eggs from this nest as it is so high, they usually just get blown away or land on the small roof beneath. Luckily, these landed on the path.

Jane

• Thanks Robbo. I must admit I have never seen sparrows attempting to go anywhere near that nest......doesn't mean they haven't of course. Pics of the lower nests below, not very good as dark & raining here. Please excuse state of house, it needs painting after new windows installed :-D

Sorry to hear your HM are still threatened. 

• HM stil busy and the yearly mess on my path is now growing :-D. Very easy to scrape up with a shovel and put on the garden. Quick hose down every now and then as well. Found the top of an egg shell on the lower path but think it must have blown down from the higher nest. Too soon for the lower pair to be at that stage.