Blue Tits fledging 23rd May (video footage)

Talk about right place, right time;   I was wandering around garden and happened to look up at the active nest boxes as I passed to see one nestling poking itself well out of the box so dashed in grabbed the camera and took some quick clips.    I saw 4 fledge (others must have already fledged before I noticed) and there is one nestling who is refusing to leave the box although adults are trying hard to coax it out.  

• Super footage aitch!

Was watching a careworn parent this afternoon flying over to my garden from cliff & taking one sunflower heart, nibbling it a bit then taking it back to young in the nest ... then back again to repeat the process, no wonder they get to look a bit scraggy!

• Of all the lovely stonecrete and wooden boxes,  it chose one of the older original wooden boxes  !     

Nestling listening and watching the parent bird on nearby twig coaxing it out with a mealworm 

is it safe to come out Momma ?  .............

tight squeeze  !

how cute are these little masked bandits  !!     awwwwww .............bless.

Last chick took well over 2 hours to join its siblings when 15 mins ago it eventually fledged  -  phew !   Mike and I took turns to box watch.     (only assuming it is last chick to leave as can't see adults returning to box now or any chirping sounds coming from it)     time will tell once breeding season is over but fingers crossed.

• Thanks Wendy, it's always worrying when you know at least one chick is left in box and won't come out ........thankfully adult stuck with it and it fledged over 2 hours after its siblings. Hope there's none left but can't hear any sounds and adults have now stopped visiting box so think they've all cleared out !

• Smashing video and pics Hazy, they are all emerging looking well fed and healthy.