Black Grouse Lek

Just had to share these photos from Langholm Moor two weeks ago
My first ever Black Grouse Lek Wonderful to watch

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
~ Mark Twain

• Great set Judi, must have been a great sight. One year I will remember to pop over there

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Fabulous photo set Judi, must have been quite a thrill to see this display

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Looks like it was well worth a trip, even if, as I imagine, it involved an early start!

Nige   Flickr

• A great sight to see,we have a couple of reliable lek sites locally but we have not been up to facing early mornings so far this year, thanks for posting

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Great to see and hear I would think Judi, thanks for posting.

Lot to learn

• Many thanks everyone We had a wonderful week up there Merlin, Goshawk, Hen harriers, badgers foxes and all the usual moor birds. Stayed in a lovely cottage on the edge of Necastleton overlooking the fields and forest areas 2 bed 2 bath lounge small dining kitchen wood burner and very reasonable I thought

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Fabulous photos - must have been amazing to watch. I've heard them lekking but never actually seen it!

Cheers,
    Geoff
  • A great part of the country and usually fairly quiet as most people seem to pass through heading North

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can