Dazzling Damsels and Dragons 2019

• Nice spot - I've not seen one

Nige   Flickr

• I think this is a Small Red-eyed Damselfly. Not the best of shots as I was looking down on it from several feet above. The other option is a Red-eyed Damselfly but the markings on S9 and what appear to be complete anti-humeral (shoulder) stripes made me think otherwise. It was on floating vegetation (which fits) and according to the texts has seen a rapid expansion in England. 

Is anyone prepared to express an opinion as I'm not totally confident.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

I agree Small Redeye Damselfly, the blue on the sides of S8, & you can just see the black on the top of S10, (I think we've got the same book so it helps). Lovely shot against a difficult background.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Thanks Hazel, much appreciated. These tiny damsels can be a bit tricky especially if you don't have a very good view. Funny thing is I was on my way home and just had a peek though a blind overlooking pools and the red eyes caught my eye. I've only see one once before and that was in France!!!

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• A first for me.  :-)

Four-spotted Chaser.

My bird photos HERE

• Cracking photo Paul.

Lot to learn

• Common Darter..on a breezy morning.

My Flickr photos

• Nice shots Alan, not seen many of the big guys in my local area.

cheers  Terry

my photo's here

• Not seen a single Darter yet, just Chasers and Skimmers

Nige   Flickr

• A couple of the Banded Demoiselles I chased this morning, the female was not as keen to be photographed.

Tool lots of shots, but most were slightly out of focus, may have a focusing problem

Didn't see any other Damsels or Dragons, but there again, Demioselles prefer running water.

cheers  Terry

my photo's here