A few pics of the garden birds

Lovely day today and weather warming up nicely so in-between house chores I made several coffee breaks in the garden  lol      As always, the camera isn't far away so once I'd put the bowl of mealworms out all I had to do is wait 30 seconds for the birds to arrive    !!

Will start with Dinky the Wren .......                     ooooh ........ too close to the camera Dinks    !!

the blackbirds are feeding young so I leave a dish of mealworms outside the guardian cage for them

got enough worms there Mrs B  ?

Mr BB was helping collect mealies .............

The Blue tits are also busy ........mainly chasing one another round   lol       

Robins are in abundance and they still scrap over territory ................   

the garden sprinkler was on but it didn't bother the robin    lol

the robin with only one functioning leg is doing really well,   very healthy apart from the injury ...........

Humpty Dumpty robin next     LOL               he/she was sunning at one stage, hence the puffed up appearance ....

two drake mallards ................ Mrs Mally made herself scarce but returned once the intruder drake left

4 Jays around - this one was spying the food treats ...................

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• That looks like the way to do the chores :)
    I bet if you put a mealie in the lens hood, Dinky would be in there. Not that I suggest you try … he'd be out of focus!
    I know birds fluff themselves up, but I can't help wondering if the rounder ones (or at least some of them) are full of eggs when you see them and maybe just trying to take the weight off before laying them.

Nige   Flickr

• lol Nigel,    Dinky or maybe this was Binky ........... already knows how to use the camera - this was June 2017.

he was trying out a selfie in-flight shot here       lol

and the robin was really showing off to the camera   !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Fabulous shot of the Robin admiring itself in the lens Hazy. All your garden birds looking fabulous, isn't Spring great. Your Robin was enjoying it's shower, and the drake Mallards looking as if they had been polished up for the occasion of the photo shoot:-)

Lot to learn

• Brilliant photos Hazel, and good to see from the buds spring is definitely alive.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• A few more to add from today ........    

and I've added more robin pics like this one to the dedicated robin thread for MC

Regards, Hazel 

• Great additions Hazy, the Blue Tit is still looking good, maybe not run off it's feet yet:-)

Lot to learn