BANKSY - update 29th March

The little Bank Vole was there again this morning so I took more photos of this cute critter and put them into a quick slide-show to save you scrolling  !        As you will notice, it now has a nickname.    

• @ Gaynor,    I turned the photo upside down and can see a boat and seagulls in the air  - methinks more David Hockney than Banksy   LOL

@ Nigel .....    lol, yes definitely the birds have to not mind either me or a camera   !    I can bribe them with treats so win win all round ;)   

• WendyBartter said:

Number 27 is here & still can't see it aitch!

Seen it now aitch, well worth watching this cute well spoiled, well fed, little critter ... be sure to get some more footage please!

• Hi Wendy and thanks,    I grabbed a few photos about an hour or two ago.   This time I decided to photograph at ground level propping myself up on my elbows and resting the camera on a cushion and my fleece jacket !   The aches and pains we go through to get pics sometimes   lol    

So, here's Banksy at his/her level ..................

It's a cunning little critter as I often have the camera focused on the tunnel entrance and then it nips round the back and appears at the left hand side   LOL

"Ha ha  Mrs ............ I fooled you that time "     !! :)

• Great stuff aitch ... your pain is our gain! Lol
  • LOL Wendy - I've got to get some housework done now so more aches and pains to come ! will catch up later.
  • Looks like you've got yourself a new resident. Wonder if there will be other family members turning up

Unknown said:
    This time I decided to photograph at ground level propping myself up on my elbows and resting the camera on a cushion and my fleece jacket !   The aches and pains we go through to get pics sometimes

Next time put the camera on something else and use the cushion for your elbows :)

But it's worth it - not only do you get a vole's-eye-view, but it often means the background is more out of focus, making the real subject stand out and creating a better photo. I hate to see photographers just walking around pointing their camera without even trying different viewpoints! One of my personal rules of thumb is that any photo of eg a duck, a wader or even a landscape will probably be improved just by kneeling down - unless you're in a hide, of course! Helps if it is dry, too ...

• I love the latest photos Hazy, it seems not only well fed but pretty contented too, looks at the lens but isn't bothered at all.
  • Thanks again kind folk,   got to say it is a thrill to see this cute little critter each day;    within five mins of putting out some food it appears and although it does run at the speed of lightening, now and again it pauses so I don't get just a furry blur.    

Unknown said:
    Next time put the camera on something else and use the cushion for your elbows :)

lol  !   I used some of that rubber jigsaw matting to lay flat on so elbows had a thin depth of sponge to rest on  -  I think it is more the neck that suffers as you ready yourself to take the photo and staying put for half an hour -  it's all right for you youngsters   ha ha  !    

Unknown said:
    Wonder if there will be other family members turning up

I may soon be overrun with voles and in need of a Kestrel soon as I read this .............    "Bank Voles start breeding in early spring and continue until the autumn. Up to five litters per year of three to six young can be born. Females born in the early part of the season can breed the same year".          Holy Moly  - I might have to send a live parcel to Wendy for realease  lol   !!

• Banksy came straight away for the peanuts/suet so the larder must be getting well stocked below ground !

peanuts ran out so he/she begged for more    LOL .......

too close Banksy ..............back up a little ............ !!

Banksy started digging another tunnel ............

and I think it got a case of tennis elbow .....................    !!

tons more pics but it's easy to take too many of this cutie pie   !      that will do for today, thanks for viewing.

• All this lying down must be tiring but your doing a grand job. Banksy has a fine set of whiskers.

Unknown said:
    I may soon be overrun with voles and in need of a Kestrel soon

Where is your ambition? Put some reeds in the pond and see if you can get a Marsh Harrier to pop in. That will raise some eyebrows on the next Big Garden Bird Watch!

Where's your ambition? Put some reeds in the pond and see if you can get a Marsh Harrier to pop in. That would raise some eyebrows on Big Garden Birdwatch!