"Build it and they will come" updated

Some of you will know that a few years ago I created two stumpery areas in our garden using branches, slices of oak trunk and twigs from an Oak that had died and had to be cut down.   My idea was to build a wildlife area for all manner of creatures from birds to bugs.     Recently, we were thrilled to see a Bank Vole in the far corner stumpery area and today it was there again;   most photos are on the mammals thread but here's one of the vole along with robins, nuthatch, blue tit and blackbirds.

• All the birds looking their best for Springtime but the little vole is gorgeous. Glad the weather seems to be improving to give them all a good chance.
  • Some nice characters there, especially the Robins.
    I often think a Nuthatch's feet look awkward when it's not clinging upside down to craggy bark. Their toes go in odd, uncomfortable looking directions or that's what it seems like to me.
  • Your stumpery has been a real success, Hazel. All the birds seem to like and now your little vole. Lovely set of photos. The birds are looking pristine in their pre-breeding plumage.

• Thanks all.       It's a lovely sunny day so I went to see if that cute little critter was there this morning in the far stumpery - and it was  !      I have stopped putting whole peanuts out for the birds at the moment but kept a few in reserve to feed the vole Slight smile

This mornings visitors...............      just a cute a ever   .............

Berry suet pellet - freshly bought this morning !      I even shared a small piece of toast with it    lol

It soon dived for cover when two of these went over      !!

All the birds are very vocal at the moment,  calling constantly to one another including this one

I scrubbed out and replenished the water bucket and Nutty was the first to take advantage of it ................

she's just spotted the mealies     lol

• Excellent additions. The female Blackbird seems to be doing her aerobics class!
  • Just lovely photos again Hazy, like Mrs B legging it:-)