Barn Owls today.

Local Barn Owls today.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Lovely photos Bob, thank you.
  • Lovely set Bob, their front door must have been blown off in the winds ! guess it makes sense of the saying leaving the Barn door open lol

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• 'Door' Hazy? I thought Bob had one of those new-fangled X-ray DSLRs... (disappointed now).
  • Nice to see a pair warming themselves in the afternoon sunshine ready for an evening's hunting. Great place for a nestbox in what looks like a lovely mature oak tree.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks again Bob,
    Have they fixed that box over an opening in the tree?

It certainly would appear that way, and good for the little ones, to be safe till they come out on the ledges.

Intrigued by the access on the lower part.Fascinating....

Do you know who governs the installations?

Did she spot you filming CHOL:):)

Copyright Bob as above pics

• In reply to SunnyKate2:

SunnyKate2 said:

Thanks again Bob,
    Have they fixed that box over an opening in the tree?

It certainly would appear that way, and good for the little ones, to be safe till they come out on the ledges.

Intrigued by the access on the lower part.Fascinating....

Do you know who governs the installations?

Hi Kate,

some replies for you. No the box is fastened to the tree - its the same box as in the other pictures so you can see the depth = the first pic was head on so lost the 3D. The lower door is to assist the ringers and wardens. The nest is on a nature reserve on water board land so I'm not sure who exactly "owns" the box, apart from the Owls. I pass that box almost everyday and this is the first time I personally have seen owls using it, though I know that they have used it for years. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Thanks Bob

To me it still looks narrow,but maybe it is just me,( and what do I know CHOL:):) and you certainly will know..

The first pic, really looks as though the Owl behind is just coming out of the hole or whatever.

As you pass it almost daily, will look forward, to any pics.

• Lovely to see them together Think they need a new door

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain