A Morning Stroll

I took a wander over to Loch Leven this morning to see what was about. Quite a cold wind this morning but the sun came out when I arrived so all was well with the world.!!

Along the trail my first encounter was with a lovely Song Thrush foraging along the edge of the footpath.

A few Greylags were about.

Lots of Grey Heron around, this particular one was hunting Frogs.

Another one coming in to land.

I posted this next shot on the 'Odds & Sods' thread but I'll add it here anyway. I don't see Jay's very often so I was very lucky to get a glimpse of this lovely bird deep in the trees.

I managed one shot before it disappeared again. :-)

A lovely Male Goosander insisted on having his photograph taken before diving under and resurfacing twenty or so yards further off.

A few Black-headed Gulls around ..... on the ground.....

..... and in the air.

Lots of Curlew about which was nice to see.

A few of them heading off somewhere...!!

Lots of Lapwing about too, this particular one not being content to fly the correct way up.!! :-)

A final Lapwing shot.

Lots of other stuff also around, so a nice few hours spent on a cold windy morning.

My bird photos HERE

• A nice walk around the lake with the snowy mountains in the background Paul, you saw a good selection of birds, the Thrush and the Lapwing being favourites of mine along with the Curlew, nice to see a number of them in flight.

Lot to learn

• Looks like a lovely morning. Still a bit of snow around there, then. Goosanders always head away from me, too!

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks folks. The snow isn't as bad as it looks, only on the hills.

My bird photos HERE

• Despite the chill you endured and snow on them there hills ! ...... you brought back a lovely set of photo captures and species Paul; nice to see so many Curlew, congrats on photographing the shy Jay and had to laugh at the acrobatic Lapwing as it flipped upside down; they have such a stunning array of colours in their plumage ! great stuff, now get the thermals back on and go get us some more pics lol

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Well done on braving the cold wind, Paul. I must admit I bottled it last week as it was blowing a hoolie down south
    Nice set of photos in the sunshine. The Heron in flight is a cracker ...... not easy against a cluttered background.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks guys. It'll be a wee while before the thermals are packed away again I think. I do like this time of year though, the anticpation of the breeding season returning and the dawn chorus for those of us who feel the need to get up in the middle of the night to be out for it starting. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• What a rewarding walk

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Thanks, Judi. It's the first time in a wee while since I've been over to Loch Leven so it was nice to have such a rewarding day. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Wonderful Paul - must make a morning stroll tomorrow !