Two Grey Wagtails in the garden

Two Grey Wagtails in the garden today; I can only guess that one is Wilma (who is around 6 years old ) and the other looks possibly one of last year's offspring - but not entirely sure.   They are only record shots taken through the window.

This is the "old girl" methinks

and the younger looking Grey Waggie

They remained together for a couple of hours, sometimes within a metre of one another but other times at opposite ends of the pond !      I think this is Wilma posturing to the other Wagtail as she really does like the place to herself  lol

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Nice to see Wilma back and you've caught some good poses between the two of them

Nige   Flickr

• Lucky you, Hazel, to have Grey Wagtails continuing to visit your garden! Can you see how green I am from there?--lol! Might Wilma be moulting?

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Thanks Nige and Ann,
    @ Ann, I think (if it is Wilma) she is just an aged lady and about 90 years old in human terms. I'm not an expert on Waggies but wonder if they do go a darker grey (like us) with age ! and they seem to gain a more distinct supercilium from what I see with this bird. The other Wagtail looked a bit more fluffy, less white supercilium, like it was one of last years young ...........but I need someone like Rob, Seymour, etc, to give us some pointers as to aging the Waggies.

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely to see Wilma back Hazy & great shots even thr' the windows. Yours must be cleaner than mine!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Great to see Wilma back if indeed it is her. She looks a bit the worse for wear but I know how she feels. Has she attracted a toy boy do you think. LOL

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Nice to see her back Hazel along with a friend.

My Flickr photos

• Thanks all, I'm not sure Wilma has a toy boy as she likes the place to herself and has been doing some serious posturing to the other waggie. She will tolerate it but they prefer to be at opposite ends of the pond ! This morning, before we left for Silverdale, she arrived on her own but will have to find her own breakfast, lunch and dinner from tomorrow for the next week ! We have two foxes which visit the garden so they had a chicken dinner last night which I de-boned before putting out.

Regards, Hazel 

• Good to see the girl about again Hazel.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Very nice Hazel, will bell you tomorrow :)

Jim

My Pictures